A handful of Shadows {Five}

*Quinn’s POV*

I was showering off todays filth. You would think people would get tired of throwing things at me, spilling food at me, threatening my life, and calling me names. But the stream of hatred was endless. So needless to say, I’d disabled my face book and form spring accounts. And needed this shower.

As I furiously scrubbed shampoo into my hair, I thought about the worst part. How everyone just put their heads in the ground and pretended it wasn’t happening. All gay kids had that happen to them to ome degree, but because I loved who I did, I could be harassed until the cows came home without so much as a finger raised in my defence. Not even from my family.

I stepped out of the shower, drops of water slidding from my body to the floor. Towel drying my hair and body, I examined my face in the mirror. I’d stopped the second I caught a glimpse of my eye’s. So empty without Tyson here… did that mean my soul was empty?

Wouldn’t really surprise me.

I tug my clothes up over my damp body, and step into the hallway. The house is quiet. The sielnce is a temporary unspoken treaty amoung my family. We don’t speak unless necessary, and me and Tyson’s dad never speak. I know the peace will only last so long…

I wander into the kitchen, keeping my footsteps light, not wanting to push my luck. My father and mother were in the living room, watching T.v, but not even they spoke to each other anymore. Good. Why did they deserve to be happy? They most certaintly didn’t.

I opened the fridge and rummaged. Whenever my mother did go shopping, it was always a half assed effort. She went out of her way to avoid foods I liked to. I rummaged around, found a tomato. Not my first choice.. But I really was hungry. I chopped it up and hunted down the salt.

I then freeze as I pass the kitchen window.. I can see the driveway where I last saw Tyson..

*Flash Back*

Tears, salty and plenty enough to fill the oceans. My eye’s actually hurt with each one that escaped, and I felt sorry for my aching body. My mind, unable to withdrawl from the emotions surronding it, was being cut into pieces time and time again by the siccors of fear and hatred.

I stared out the kitchen window, the one curtained with bright yellow cloth, dappled in sunflowers. All fake. This home wasn’t warm and inviting, it was nothing but a well maintained image, and me and my brother were being shoved out of it because we weren’t perfect.

I saw him in the driveway, as he got into a car with a faceless woman. We didn’t know her, just like we didn’t know my father, who they would have sent me to, if he hadn’t of passed away years before. I envied him, he got to go away, and even if that woman hated him, he had no love for her either.

I got to stay here with the family I missed but wasn’t really there, and long to be in his arms.

The car, a red PT cruiser, back out of the driveway and disappeared down the road. I’d never been this alone before in my life.

*Flash Back Over*

“Quinn?” I jolt, fearing one of my parents. It’s Emily.. Is that better or worse?

Probably worse, considering she could have kept the whole thing to herself before talking to Tyson and I. I stare at her, that being me only form of answer. The look in my eye’s must reflect what I fel, because she flinches and backs away a little, giving me space.

“Can we talk.. Please?” she plea’s.

“No one talks to each other anymore…” I sneer. It was the truth.

“Please Quinn” Her lips tremble.

Me and Emily never had the best relationship. She was friends with a dweeb, so by association, she’d become one in the minds of me and Tyson. We used to read her diary, hack her face book, torment her. But underneath was a current of strong silent love. That was all over.

“Don’t look at me like I ruined our family” she whimpered “That was you..”

I slap her. I never in my life thought I’d hit a girl, but there it was. A strong stinging back hand. Tears welled instantly in her eye’s and I felt no pity. How could she.. Say something like that to me? She was like everyone else. So we had no reason to talk.

I turned and started down the hall “Quinn wait!” footsteps followed behind me.

“I’m sorry! I shouldn’t have said that!” she called after me. But she’d already said it.

****************

Dear Quinn

My mother is nice, I think you’d like her sweetheart. I’m surprised mom and dad didn’t think to make you disable your email, but I’m certainly not complaining. I hate not having you in my room at night, because even during the nights I wasn’t allowed to hold you, I could always listen to you breath. You might think that’s embarrassing to admit, but I miss you so bad I’m writing it down anyways. You can hold it against me when you’re back in my arms. Which will be soon. I promised, remember love?

Have to go now, first day of high school tomorrow.

Love: Tyson

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-poke-

Hi lovelys! <3 Gosh people like to probe me about thsi story! (That wasnt a complaint) So I uploaded for you!!!! Comment and then you'll get the final chapter of the evening-and most likely, the saddest ;) what?!!? Girls not allowed to be cruel to the cuties?

Couple rankings:

Riley and Chalrie: Most mushy (In my opinion)

Tyson and Quinn: Most sexy (also just an opinion)

Henry and Ollie: Most cute (Not an opinion, staright up fact)

Is it weird that I toture my favourit couple the most? <3

COMMENT?! Btw: thoughts on Emily?