A hanful of Shadows {Three}

*Ollie’s POV*

I’m scared. So scared. This is the worst kind of fear to. I can’t hide form the thing producing it-because that would be me. I was scared of my mothers illness, but we could fight against that. I was scared when my father started to abuse me-but that was easy to withdraw from. There was no where to hide from the emotions that had began to fester inside of me.

“Do you want a bite?” Tia asked, waving the cookie before my eye’s.

Not a smart move. I bit down in it, making her yelp “I said a bite! Not the whole thing!”

I chew and swallow, smirking smugly “Never tease me with cookies!”

She squezes her eye’s shut in fake anger “Thief!”

“You offered husband” I nudge her happily.

“You’re a terrible wife!” she elbows me in the ribs.

Just then Henry walks across the outdoor lunch section, his eye’s meeting mine momentarily before nervously glancing away. Tia followed my gaze, saw him, and gave me a big grin. “I can’t believe you and him.. It’s just so insane!” she giggles.

I cover my face with my hands, peeking between my fingers to glare at her “Don’t talk so loud! What part of secret relationship do you not understand!” she chews the question over, and my hands move from my face to tug my hair. What a stupid question to ask her..

“Why’s it a secret, first of all?” she pouts.

Tia-my best friend since forever (Actually, I was best friends with Riley Fallen first, but let’s just say he’s changed) was not actually supposed to know about me and Henry. I might have let that one slip.. And maybe I havn’t gotten around to telling him yet. But he’s so scary when he’s mad!

“Don’t bug me about this or I’ll eat your fries to” I warn, eye’s flashing.

“I’m getting fat anyways” she yawns “Now explain”

I think up another threat, stealing some fries from her plate “I won’t help you with your outfits”

Her eye’s-a pretty blue-widden “Ollie! That’s not fair! You just went shopping to…”

I smirk deviously “I know-isn’t it a cute outift?”

I stand up, modeling for her. I was wearing a yellow head band with a yellow bow, a long sleeved yellow cardigan that tied up over a white undershirt, followed by a plaid yellow and brown skirt with yellow tights beneath. The color yellow was just so happy! I also looked like a banana.

She rolled her eye’s “Why do you like yellow so much? I bet Henry would like pink better” she winked.

I balled my little hands into fists “SHUT UP!” I wailed. People gave me looks. I ignored them.

She laughed, knocking over her diet coke. “Karma” I announced.

She pouted. I laughed.

**************

“Henry…do you like pink better?” I asked, lying on his bed when he took of his day time shirt and put on a muscle shirt for bed. We’d sort of gotten into the habit of sleeping together-not in a bad way!-and neither of us really had the willpower to stop. He said I was soft, I just liked his arms around me.

He turned to me-still shirtless-and I let my gaze wander up and down him before swiping my mouth for drool. Football players had the best bodies.. Unfortunately, playing football meant I had to spend hours with him watching it. That’s okay though-so long as he let me do his nails.