Chapter one: Surprise Announcement (Edited)

For this story, I decided I wanted to bring Marcus Into It more so I'm going to show some things in his POV because I feel like you didn't get enough of WHY he felt the need to protect Charlotte and WHY he loved her so......yeaaa.

6 months later

Marcus' POV

"Benji, Leave me alone, please? I'm trying to cook....Stop it! BENJAMIN!" I groaned and rolled over in bed as the sound of my sister arguing with her boyfriend floated up through the floorboards. I sat up, stretching and threw the covers off of me, running a hand through my short, black hair. I had cut it yesterday and Brooke still hadn't seen it yet. She was going to flip shit when she saw it. She loved my hair long, she thought it made me look like one of the guys on the covers of her romance novel. Why she loved those things I would never understand.

I picked up a pair of gray sweatpants off of the floor and pulled them on over my boxers before heading out the door and walking down to the kitchen. When I got to the door, Benji was gripping my sister's arm with a smirk on his face. His deep red hair was ruffled in spots and his greeneyes looked mean. I cleared my throat angrily, stepping into the room. "What's going on?" I said, my voice gruff from just having woken up. Brooke looked at me and quickly plled away.

"Nothing Marcus, relax." She smiled at me and I relaxed a bit. Call me stupid, but I listened to every thing she said, and not because at 23 she was older than me, but because she was my rock, my best friend. I trusted Brooklyn with my life and I know she felt the same. Brooke was watching me, maybe gauging my reaction to see whether or not I was going to do ss she had said. Her long black hair was pulled into a messy bun and, llike me, she wore gray sweats. She had a tanktop in some shade of purple on as well, along with a gray sweater. I smiled slightly at her and she grinned before gasping. "Marcus Samuels you cut your hair!" she walked over to me, running her thin fingers over the short curls, her nose wrinkled.

" I take it you don'tlike it, then?" I laughed. she shook her head.

"I can't pull on it now when you're mean to me, Jerk!"

"I'm never mean to you, Brooke!" I feigned offense, my hand over my chest. Brooke rolled her eyes and slapped my arm before heading back over to her boyfriend who was watching us, glaring at me. I glared back not scared of him.I was a hell of a lot stronger than him and I looked it while Ben was more wiry and tall. The kid hated me since day one and it was no surprise either. It pissed my sister off that we didn't get along, but she refused to dump him. Instead she just didn't bring him around much, not that I minded at all. I pulled open the fridge, ignoring the dirtbag and grabbed a can of beer, popping the tab.

"Marcus, stop drinking! It's barely one, why are you drinking now anyway?" Brooke chided, reaching for my beer. I held it out of reach,chuckling as she tried to grab it.

"Hey, it's five o'clock somewhere right?"

"Brooke frowned. "When you get alcohol poisoning don't come crying to me." She turned on her heal and grabbed Benji's hand as well as theirplates of eggs and walked out of the room.

"Hey! Where's my breakfast?"I called,looking for a plate of food for me.

"You snooze, you lose baby brother!" She yelled back. I growled under my breath and reached for one of the cookies my mom had made the day before. "And don't eat mommy's cookies! She made them for the new neighbors down the street!"

Dammit! How did she always know!?

----

Nicky's POV

Charlotte and I had been dating for six months and things couldn't be better. She really was the best girlfriend I had ever had: so sweet and caring, and incredibly smart. I hadn't had to put any of my dad's teachings to use with her at all, something I was happy with because I didn't want to disappoint my father by doing something wrong. Charlotte didn't go out much so I never had to worry about her going to some club or party and cheating on me, and she was on time for everything. I hated lateness more than anything and I was pleased that she seemed to hate it, too. She alway's dressed beautifully, but she wasn't a slut and when we went out she always kept her focus on me. we talked every day and we hadn't argued once yet. I had a few issues with guys on campus looking at my girl but I took care of them very quickly. After a month or so, everyone learned to keep their distance from Charlotte or they'd end up with my fist down their throat. It also didn't hurt that she was great in bed.