Protagonist Names

ive done one of these on scene girls already, so how about i bring up scene-ish names too?

okay, i get it if you want to make your protagonist's name unique and edgy or whatever, but i have rarely in my life met people with these following names that pop up in most of the fanfiction ive read (regrettably).

common "unique" names in fanfiction: zero, luna, sparky, flame, sun, ocean, blue, red, ANY COLOR NAME, shadow, blade, etc.

im really sorry if this is your real name and im offending you right now, but most of these names sound like dog names.

i mean, ive met a couple people named ocean/sunny/luna, but it's ridiculous how far fanfiction writers will go to be edgy and different.

like wow, didn't know the main protagonist girl in this story was shadow the fuckin hedgehog. that's interesting.

we get it, you're edgy and you dyed your hair jet black with bangs, woo, go you for totally being original.

at this point i think im offending literally every fanfiction writer ever, apologies.

if im honest, back when i used to write straight fanfiction (dont remind me), i used to make my characters scene and have ~unique~ names. that was two years ago, im done with that phase of my life.

just remember: there's a difference between unique names and completely made up edgy names like blade.

another confession: my father actually wanted to name me blaze or blade, which is cringy as fuck. he literally wanted to name me blaze after blaze the cat in sonic.

IMAGINE IF MY NAME WAS BLADE AND I WAS SHITTING ON YOU GUYS FOR YOUR FANFIC NAMES. i may hate my real name, but atleast im not named blade.