Chapter 36//Lucy and Josh

Lucy's POV:

Today is my first day back at school in a long time. News spread internationally of my kidnapping. I was nervous I told Niamh I would be back at school and she was over the moon. I can't wait to see her again after so long.

"Ah nice to see you again Miss Quinn." Mr. O'Mahony greeted coldly.

"Thank you." I forced a smile.

All eyes were on me, Niamh let out a little squeak. I took my seat next to Josh he smiled at me. I returned his smile wearily.
The lesson continued, I really didn't miss school. At lunch time I was swarmed by kids in my school I didn't even recognise asking me questions about what had happened.

"You're so much thinner did they like starve you?" One of the obnoxious teens asked me in the front of the crowd.

"I wouldn't call it starved just a meal a day." I said shyly.

"Awh you poor thing." I heard someone say.

"I think she has enough give her some air." Niamh shooed them away.

They glared at her for a second then walked away.

"How are you doing?" She asked concerned about me and what's going on.

"I'm fine, I'm happy to be back at school." I grinned at her.

"And I'm so so so happy to have you back." She slung her arm over my shoulder.

I giggled as we walked past the boys playing football. We spotted Josh and we waved to him. He waved back, before remembering something and running towards us.

"Hey." He said out of breath.

"Hi." We said simultaneously and giggled.

"Um I was thinking...maybe me and you could go get some ice-cream or something this Friday, I mean if you want." He muttered nervously running his hand through his hair.

"Sure that sounds cool." I took him up on his offer.

A wide smile spread across his face.

"I'll knock for you at around five then." He smiled.

"Sounds good." I smiled back getting excited for Friday.

"Friday at five!" He ran back towards the football pitch leaping up in the air.

Me and Niamh laughed.

"Ooo Lucy has a date." Niamh teased nudging me.

"It's not a date." I blushed profusely.

"Whatever you say." She smirked.

-

My first day back at school was over, and I was so relieved to walk out the gates and to spot Ashton's car in the parking lot.

"Hey kiddo." He kissed my temple when I got in the car.

"Hi dad." I smiled at him.

"How was your first day back at school?" He asked keeping his eyes on the road.

"It was alright Niamh was so excited that I was back."

He laughed in response.

"Also Josh asked me to get some ice-cream with him on Friday at five, can I go?" I asked.

His eyebrows raised and he looked at me for a second.

Lucy and Josh are so cute together.

"So it's like a date?" He teased.

"No we're just friends." I defended myself.

"Yeah OK, first day back at school and she gets asked out." He smirked.