Chapter 41 - Unrevealed truths

"Don't talk to me about loyalty, I'm still here holding secrets for people who are throwing dirt on my name."

Eric was still sleeping when I scooted off the bed

Eric was still sleeping when I scooted off the bed. He didn't even stir when I moved. Usually, he did. Eric was a very light sleeper. I gathered what I needed, quietly picking my clothes off the floor before escaping into the living room where I quickly entered my shoes. It was still early and most of dauntless hadn't even woken up yet.

I ran through the familiar hallways while gathering my hair in a ponytail. I'd had the urge to climb and knew right where I could satisfy that particular urge. Once entering the training room, I made sure the net from initiation still were there before I turned to climb the side of the building. I had done this one time before. It was the first time I had met Gabriel.

I stopped halfway, securing my grip on the building before turning around to look at the surroundings. Movements caught in the corner of my eye and my attention snapped towards it. I could see a small courtyard from here, two trucks were being unloaded by men in blue. Erudite. My brow furrowed at the sight. What was erudite doing in dauntless. I leaned against the sight, almost loosing my balance. I shrieked and alarmed them of my presence.

The men looked around, hunched in alarm but none of them was able to see me because I was clinging to the wall, heart thumping and shoulders heaving. It took me a few moments to gather myself again before I climbed the rest of the way up the building, hauling myself up over the ledge while remaining only a little graceful. I blew out a breath and tossed a few rouge strands of hair away from my face before moving to the edge of the building.

I rested both hands on the ledge and peaked out over it, gaining full view of the people downstairs again. They were still moving stuff from the vehicles and into dauntless. My eyes narrowed when lowering myself closer to the ledge. They were moving quicker than before, my small scream had to have alerted them. I cursed myself while crouching down behind the ledge.

The moment I did, a hand was placed over my mouth. I jolted, both hands grabbing the unknown hand, trying to forcefully remove the hand. But all my struggles were in wain. Then a familiar voice. "Octavia—it's me, Four." I groaned loudly and was finally allowed to remove the hand. I twisted around, coming face to face with Four.

"Shit—Four don't scare me like that!" I snapped at him, keeping my voice low and barely loud enough for him to hear. Four smiled, actually smiled when he settled next to me. I rolled my eyes at him before turning back to the small courtyard where the erudite was still unloading the vehicles.

"My apologizes." Four mouthed when he settled his hands on the ledge as well. I didn't look at him when he did, my attention was on the erudite men below. They were almost done when a familiar blonde woman, also dressed in blue, stepped out. Janine. I scowled when Max stepped out behind her. They were speaking together, their conversation not nearly loud enough for me to pick up on.