Ten

S t y l e s

Christmas Day

It was the morning of Christmas and Violet woke me up early for some odd reason. She was jumpy and excited and her face showed so much joy, I couldn't help but go along with it. The cold winter air of New York numbed my face but her hand in mine was keeping me the slightest of warm.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going?" I ask her, watching the puffs of air leave my mouth. Her face turns to me, lips pink and cheeks blush, her nose red. Her beauty was undeniable.

"It's.. a surprise." I frowned and she giggles softly, tugging my hand as she starts to walk a little faster. My legs ache slightly only because I haven't ran in a long time, but it was certainly worth the smile on her gorgeous face. Her laughter was loud and my stomach was flipping, most certainly.

We finally made it to central park, and we slowed down, walking at a normal place inside the gates, her hand still clutching mine. I let my thumb graze softly across her flesh and she squeezed my hand.

"Okay, we're here," her voice broke me out of the trance I was in and I looked up from her to see the tree we went to as freshmen in college, the carving of our names still there.

It wrote

H+V 

A circle was around it and God was my heart beating erratically. Her hand left mine and she walked to the tree, seating herself onto the grass, just underneath the naked branches. Her blue eyes beamed at me, a smile so breathtaking and beautiful.

"Come sit next to me Styles," and she took out a huge bottle with two mugs and I knew what she was up to, and I smirked, walking over to the girl with a mind beautiful as beautiful as her soul.

New Years Eve

11:50 pm

E d w a r d s

It was ten minutes until the New Years. Me and Harry were at the top of our building, snuggled up into one another with large blankets and hot chocolate, the cold air making it hard to stay up but we still managed because we did this every year, and we never missed a chance. My hands stayed closed to my knees as the cup of hot chocolate was soon becoming colder by the second and no longer warm. Harry was humming a song I wasn't familiar with but it sounded beautiful. Harry had a great voice and sometimes I'd think he'd become a very popular singer one day. Of course he'd never believe me.

"I can't believe this year is over," I whispered barely, nuzzling my face into Harry's hard chest. His hand went to my back and he rubbed up and down, sighing in content.

"Me neither," and it was silent again. My heart was on edge because this year was different for me. This year I'd fallen in love with him and this year I hoped he would've  too.

My soul carnates with his unknowingly and I let my fingers find his and I thread them together. Harry was hesitant at first but complied and rested his head onto mine.

"You know, Violet. I'm honestly so happy I have you in my life, and I'm sorry I've acted like a complete arse to you lately,"

I only shake my head. "You haven't.. it's just somethings bother me, but it's alright, I understand. In the end I'm your best friend, I have to," and then the wind blew a little rougher and we were five minutes down till New Years and my stomach was churning because a New Year meant new beginnings and I didn't want everything to change between us both but I also wanted something slightly to change.

Maybe for the best, at least.

"I.. should've told you what was going on," he rasped quietly and I didn't say anything, I just waited patiently for him to continue even though the curiosity was building up intensively inside of me.

"Mum never really minded you know, she always believed in me and my abilities; dad was different." He took in a breath and held me closer; I only sat up more and wrapped my legs around his hips, allowing our bodies to be much more closer than I intended... I didn't mind the proximity at this point. He became a safe haven for me.

My hand went through his hair several times, making sure he was comforted. "Dad believed in distractions,"

"What kind?" I asked gently, pursing my lips together and furrowing my eyebrows.

"I've fallen for a girl, Violet." He said without a stutter, and my movement's stopped because I didn't know if I was breathing anymore or it was just because my heart decided to stop functioning.

I pulled away slightly, and as I did so, the count down chants began, and as every number went down my eyes stayed fixated on Harry, and his loving green eyes, and pointy unkissed lips and imperfections on his perfect defined face. And I only nodded because I knew I wasn't that girl and Harry would always choose another girl over me because I was his best friend after all, and that's what we'll ever be.

Only best friends.

His hands were on both sides of my face and he brought my face closer to his, my heart stopping for a split second, hoping he'd do as I was thinking but he didn't because all he did was bring his lips onto my forehead, pressing a soft gentle kiss; my hands on his wrists, eyes shut completely at the small soul-torturing gesture.

"Happy New Years, beautiful."

--

hello loves(: I know this is pretty short. i've been going through some family issues this past week and wasn't able to write much so i'm terribly sorry and I hope you understand x kdndkdsn the guys were amazing on the lounge and they played toRn like fuck me and tomorrow is MITAM holy fuck I can'twait!

anyways I hope everyone is doing ok and i'm here if you need to talk x

with all the love x

Twitter: paleharold_
Tumblr: haroldmex
Ig: insanity.sarah