Six

E d w a r d s

This entire week was filled with inevitable patience. I was trying my best not to let things get to me so easily. Everything was extremely hard around him even more. I felt like my feelings towards Harry were growing every passing minute. I couldn't help it though. No matter what, anything he did caused a sort of rapid beat of my heart and made my lungs collapse and lose function all together.

I knew if I dare showed any type of feelings to him, it'd be awkward; most likely ruining our childhood friendship. I only stayed quiet and bit my tongue. The new girl started talking to Harry every day, and I had to hold any type of sanity in me not to snap at her, even though it wasn't in my hand to get mad nor jealous. Harry was free to talk to whomever he wanted. But then again he didn't seem to enjoy talking to her. He'd try his best to look pleased when she'd talk to him, giving me quick glances as indication to help him. I'd only giggle and shake my head, turning away so he wouldn't see the blush that'd form on my cheeks and the soft grin on my lips he'd cause.

And so it stayed that way for a while. A month passed and it was already the week before thanksgiving, both Harry and I planning to head back to L.A for the holiday. Uni was closed for two weeks so we'd go for a few days and come back to NYC before time so we could rest and go over things for our classes.

I woke up this morning with my nose stuffed up and throat itchy. I got out of bed and refused to look at myself in the mirror, knowing I'd scare myself. The living room was empty, indicating Harry was either still asleep or in his bed awake refusing to get up. Most likely the second option. I walked to his room and slowly opened the door, my eyes snacking briefly the cold room. Or so I thought it was cold, my body was overly dramatic when I get sick. I wrap my arms securely around myself and walk further into the room, my eyes dropping to a sleeping Harry. His eyes flutter slightly as his lips part in the most adorable way, my heart leaping in my chest at the sight. His eyes fully open and lazily land on me, his arms lifting from the comforter.

I sniffle and open my mouth to breathe from it. "Vi? What are you doing up so early? Are you okay?" He sits up and watches my features, I only shrug my shoulders and smirk; soon falling as I feel a sneeze coming. My eyes shut briefly as I sneeze, the sound echoing in the quiet apartment. I look at Harry after wiping my nose with my napkin.

"Sick," I mumble and he only smiles softly rubbing the sleep from his eyes.

"C'mere love, lay down, I'll take care of your sick bum," I chuckle, soon coughing, scrunching my face as I inch my way towards the large bed. I lay down and Harry covers me with his heavy blankets.

"Don't move alright? I'll make you some hot tea and chicken noodle soup," he murmurs and kisses my forehead softly, getting up from the bed, only I grab his arm and look into his emerald eyes.

"Don't forget the lemon," I tell him quietly. He chuckles and shakes his head, taking my hand and squeezing.

"Not this time, Violet, it'll make your throat worse, when you get better," I scoff and sit back, fighting a smile as I watch him leave the room clumsily, putting on his robe and ruffling his hair.

After a few minutes of me drifting off into a small nap and awakening again, Harry comes back with my cup of tea and chicken noodle soup. He sets the tray on the bed carefully, eyes meeting with mine, his lip between his teeth. I sit up slightly and take the mug of tea, closing my eyes and ignoring his intense gaze on me. I take small sips and sigh in content as the warm liquid soothes the soreness of my throat.

I open my eyes and smile gently. "Thank you, I feel a little better," he gives me a warm smile, his dimples deepening in the most breathtaking way, and I had to fight the urge to kiss his cheeks.