chapter seven

Aspasia Everwood

               “Oh my gosh,” I screamed. I dove to the ground, “Jada! We need medical help! NOW!”

               It was required that medics were at the theater the whole time, so someone ran over right away. Someone brought over a cold wash cloth right away, and put it on her head. Her eyes surely, but slowly opened. 

               “Dude,” I hyperventilated, “what happened! Are you okay?”

               She couldn’t speak. When she opened her mouth, nothing could come out. She was scared. We helped her up, and had her sit in a seat.

               “Water, please,” she sighed. Everyone left to go get some water.

               “Jada, what happened?”

               “I don’t know,” she gulped, “I got tired, and anxious, and nervous, and hungry.”

               “Excuse me miss,” a man stepped by my side, “we need to take her blood pressure.”

               “Well I can be here, right?”

               “We would prefer you not be,”

               “She needs to stay,” Jada snapped.

               “Alright,” the man said, taking her blood pressure. There was about ten minutes of pure silence, while he drew blood and whatever else doctors do, “So Jada, it seems like you just had an over exhaustion, and a very low blood sugar. What we need to do is get you something to eat, some water, and rest.”

               “Can I perform tonight?”

               “That’s your choice,” he sighed, “but I wouldn’t suggest it.”

               “The show must go on,” she shrugged, “I feel a lot better.”

               “Well you need to start eating healthier meals, and not all that fast food. Is there anyone who cooks on your bus?”

               “We all do,” my aunt Kelly said. It was just then that I noticed she was there.

               “Well more home-cooked meals,” he said, “or I guess, bus cooked.”

               Jada just seemed to be staring off into space that whole time, “Let’s get me into wardrobe. The show must be starting soon.”

               I looked at her surprised, and then grabbed my iPhone.

               “Hey Nick?”

               “Hey Aspasia. Do you need to talk to Joe or something?”

               “No, I need to talk to you. Because you need to talk to Jada. Because she is putting fame before her health,”

               “What?”

               “She passed out. And she’s still doing the show.”

               “I’ll call her right now,”

               “Thank you Nick! She could really use someone to talk to, and you would be her number one.”