chapter one part two

Part Two

May Twenty-fifth

Aspasia Everwood

Chapter One

               “Bus sweet bus,” I sat down after one hour (parked in the drive way) and a half (while driving) of unpacking and setting up my bunk (the same one it was last year. The bottom one on the left hand side once you walk in.), “gosh it’s good to be home.”

               I grabbed a Dr. Pepper from the fridge and plopped onto the couch next to Cruise, “I know what you mean. I am so happy to be on tour again.”

               “Me too,” I smiled, “this year’s goal is to not eat so much junk food. I swear I gained twenty pounds by the end of tour. My curves were more like hills.”

               “How much junk food can someone eat,” Tawny asked, sitting to my side.

               “You’d be surprised,” I laughed, “we eat more fast food and breakfast burritos then the average American eats hamburgers.”

               “Dang,” she laughed.

               “Speaking of, I want a breakfast burrito,” I got up went to the fridge and got one of the many pre-made breakfast burritos and put it in the microwave, “We should start working out.”

               “You should start working out, I have no obligation to,” Cruise said. I rolled my eyes.

               “I am so excited for the concert tonight,”

               “Everyone is,” Jada said, her phone sandwiched between her ear and shoulder. She was out for one second, grabbing a Dr. Pepper and then left to her bunk.

               “She has been talking to this guy since we got on the bus,” I said, taking my burrito out of the microwave, “I wonder if she’ll have any time for us.”

               “Not until she’s done with these homework books she’s won’t,” my aunt Kelly strolled into the room with a stack of books in her hands, “I have history algebra and literature, courtesy of Mrs. Mint who will be picked up in a moment, to stay on tour as a full time teacher.”

               “Aunt Kelly that looks like a lot of books,” I said, grabbing them and putting them on the table, and then counting the amount of each book, “you got one too many of each book.”

               “Not…really,” she smiled nervously and shrugged, “I forgot to tell you that that Radio Peace won’t be the only tenets to the bus this year.”

               “No way! Is that American Idol dude going to be on the bus? Four boys, three girls, a little uneven but I can dig it.”

               “Uh, it isn’t the American idol winner on the bus, it’s actually—“

               “HONOR SOCIETY?” Tawny asked excited.

               “No its kinda—“

               “Hello new bus mates,” Sam? Sam was our new bus mate? I wasn’t worried or angry or anything. The months after she did what she did, no one talked to her, not even her co-stars. So I wasn’t worried. She should’ve been worried. Mostly of Tawny and me. Sam was already afraid enough of Jada after what had went wrong.