Chapter 13

Cute picture of Muke. This also is pretty accurate to their friendship in this story XD

BTW This counts as tomorrow's update probably. Not sure yet. :)

Talking to Ashton about his sexuality was hard, especially since he was stubborn and wouldn't listen to Luke. He kept saying that Luke was trying to insult him and all of this bullshit. Luke wasn't trying to insult him or make fun of him; he was just talking to Ashton to get whatever it was that was going on between them sorted out.

Luke knew that he shouldn't have just shown up at Ashton's house, but he knew that there was really no other way that he could do it. He didn't want to do it during English or anywhere at school because of the fear of one of those douche bags overhearing. He figured being in the comforts of home at either his house or Ashton's house would make it easier. Obviously, Ashton wasn't going to bother showing up to Luke's because he didn't seem to have the time of day for him, so Luke took matters into his own hands and went over to Ash's.

"Hemmo! How'd it go?" Michael yelled from what Luke imagined was downstairs.

"Come upstairs, for Christ's sake! I'm not going to yell for my entire household to hear!" Luke yelled back at him.

Luke heard as Michael clomped up the stairs noisily. He just rolled his eyes, not expecting any less from the kid. The door swung open and Michael walked in, going to Luke's bed and collapsed on it. Typical Clifford.

"Yes, Michael, you may use my bed. Thanks for asking," Luke sassed.

"Thanks, bro," Michael responded. "Anyway, how did it go with Mr. Denial?"

"He's still in denial," Luke answered.

"Really?"

Luke spun his desk chair to face his best friend. "You actually thought that he was going to listen to me and just snap out of the denial? I mean, I did too, but I also knew that wasn't going to be likely."

"Well, yeah, I kind of did! He was at home, away from his dick friends. I thought that you would be able to get through to him after a shit ton of prying," Michael told him.

"He literally kicked me out of his house because he didn't want to hear my lies, which I do not tell," Luke explained.

"You've got yourself a fiesty one," Michael smirked.

"Bitch, please. I hate Ashton Irwin with every ounce of my being. He is not mine and he never will be because I hate him," Luke explained to Michael, narrowing his eyes.

"Oh, really? So, you're saying that it's just your barely existent good nature trying to help him figure out that he's not completely straight?" Michael asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, basically," Luke answered.

"You do realize that you're in denial too, right?" the black haired boy sighed.

"I'm not denying anything," Luke replied, confused.

"You're denying that you like Ashton."

"I said I hate him," Luke clarified.

"Do you really, Lucas? Do you?" Michael questioned, trying to be all dramatically quizzical. Luke just quirked his eyebrow.

"Really, dumbass, really," he answered flatly.

Michael narrowed his eyes at him. "You ruined the moment. And you also speak lies, Mr. Abe Lincoln."

"How and why the hell do you know the name of an American president from the 1800s when you don't pay attention and are Australian?" Luke asked, actually taken aback by Michael's hidden knowledge.

"Are you kidding? I have no idea who the hell that is. Someone commented it on an Instagram post and I decided that I'd remember it for future reference like right now," Michael admitted, causing Luke to forget about being impressed.

"I should've known it was something stupid like that," Luke said, rolling his eyes.

----

The next day at school, Ashton had been glaring at Luke every chance he could. It didn't bother Luke much, other than the fact that he wished Ashton would just listen to what he was trying to say before going on the defense. Luke understood that being told that might be overwhelming and not something one would necessarily want to hear, but at the same time, he thought it would be better Ashton be made aware of it.

Luke walked into English, dreading the class because he didn't want to have to sit and feel Ashton's eyes burn into his skull for the entire period. He wanted to tell Ashton to grow up, but he knew that would just give the kid another reason to hate him and insult him the next time he got a chance.

Luke was sitting at the table, tapping the eraser of his mechanical pencil to the beat of The 1975 song that was stuck in his head, when Ashton walked into the class alone oddly. He had been doing that for the past few days and it wasn't like him since he always traveled in his posse. The boy walked down the row, dressed in all black again, with a scowl on his face. Luke knew it was because of him. There wasn't much the blonde could do about it except act like he didn't notice.

"Move your shit," Ashton sneered, not even waiting for Luke to move his folder over before pushing it.

"You could at least say please," Luke scoffed, knowing that today was going to be a grand day with this peer review thing since Ashton seemed to be in such a peachy mood. "Didn't your mother teach you manners?"

"I don't have to be polite when I talk to a dick face like you," Ashton snapped, glaring at Luke.

"Last time I checked, my face didn't have a dick on it. I'm not Squidward for Christ's sake," Luke sassed. It was rude, but Luke found joy in pushing Ashton's buttons.

"Would you just shut the fuck up?" Ashton finally said. "I've had enough assholes and idiots today. I don't need to deal with you."

"Too bad because I'm still, unfortunately, your partner for this," Luke told him, smirking at the boy who was just narrowing his hate-filled hazel eyes at him.

"All we're doing is reading each other's papers. Don't talk to me, I won't talk to you. Starting now," Ashton told him, his tone sharp.

"Why can't I talk to you?" Luke asked, putting up a fake pout.

"Because I don't want to listen to the bullshit that pours from your mouth," Ashton told him flatly, not bothering to even look at the blue-eyed boy.

"I don't speak bullshit," Luke pointed out.

"Bullshit."

----