Chapter 3

Just a forewarning that Michael has only bleached his hair in this story. He has not completely dyed it. 

Luke & Michael later on <3

"Luke, sweetie, you have a visitor," Liz said, appearing in the doorway of Luke's room.

Luke didn't hear her since he had his headphones on. She stood there, waiting until he looked up from his laptop. Liz was always irritated that he had his music up so loud that he couldn't hear or notice anything around him, especially since they were Beats and were noise cancelling anyway. She was just being a mother about it, but she didn't say anything because she knew Luke would get ticked off about her nagging him about it.

"Sorry, mum," Luke said, finally noticing her and slipped off his headphones. "What?"

"You have a visitor, sweetie," Liz said, a small smile forming on her face because of how adorable and innocent her son looked.

"Who?" he asked, his face twisting into a questioning look.

"Who would the only person that would come to visit you?" she asked, a playful smile on her face.

"I'm guessing it's Clifford?" Luke smirked, taking his headphones out completely and set down his laptop on the bed next to him.

Liz nodded and Luke got up to follow her downstairs. Liz branched off into the kitchen and Luke saw Michael standing in the doorway, looking excited about something. Luke was hoping he wasn't going to obsess over the party anymore, but that's like telling Miley Cyrus to stop twerking.

"Luke! Lukey, Lukester, Lucifer, Luke-alicious," Michael started.

Luke quirked his eyebrow at his best friend, knowing that he wanted something from him. He never asked for money, so Luke knew it probably wasn't that. It's that he wanted to do something with him or wanted to hang out with him. He did things like this often when he's determined and he was just awkward sometimes.

"Are you trying to rename me? Because I really like Luke-alicious," Luke joked, moving his eyebrows up and down.

"I'm never calling you that again just because you did the pedophile eyebrow thing," Michael pointed out, causing both boys to start laughing.

"What do you want?" Luke asked.

"So...I have to get a few things for my mum and I wondered if you wanted to go with me?" he asked awkwardly.

"Sure, but let me che-"

"You don't have to ask, Luke. It's Michael, I know he won't kill my child," Liz called from the kitchen.

"Well, I guess I can," Luke chuckled and then followed Michael out to his mum's car.

----

Luke didn't question why they went to the mall, at least not at first. He figured that she needed some perfume or something from Macy's or some store that Michael wouldn't normally shop at. It was until Michael started going towards Hot Topic that Luke knew why they were actually there. Michael's mum didn't shop at Hot Topic unless she was getting something as a present for Michael.

"So, when did your mum take interest in this wonderful establishment?" Luke asked his bleach blonde haired friend with a smirk on his face.

Michael turned to face him as the two walked into the shop and Michael's cheeks tinted pink like they usually did when he was lying. "When she decided that she was in love with bands just as much as I was."

"That's a lie, Mikey," Luke chuckled. "She didn't need anything here, did she?"

"No..." he trailed, not facing Luke.