Chapter 5

"What the hell are you doing here at six in the morning?" I ask the Greek god standing in my doorway, "Better yet, how did you know my apartment number?"

"Good morning!" He says cheerily, completely ignoring me.

Four lets himself in and walks to my destroyed kitchen.

"This place is disgusting." He mutters, pulling out a bag I didn't notice he had.

"I can't afford top of the line things, like some people," I glare at him, "Why are you here?"

"I promised Tori that I would look after you, remember? I brought food!" He holds up the now empty bag.

"Take your things and leave, please. I don't need someone to feed me."

He opens his mouth but Sam surprises him by knocking into his legs.

"What the-"

"Bick!" She screams, wrapping her tiny arms around him tightly.

"No no, I don't do little kids." He tries to pry her hands apart but that makes Sammy cry.

I watch as Four sighs and picks her up. She instantly clings to him, burying her face in his neck.

Four stares at me with fear filled eyes, showing me a side beyond his usual arrogance.

"Sam." I say softly, taking her from Four.

She squirms in my arms until I let her down, instantly running toward the open box of cereal.

I set her in her high chair, filling her tray with Cheerios.

"You need to eat." Four said from behind me, his voice back to its cold self.

I shrug, "I'm not hungry."

"You promised you'd eat."

"No, you promised Tori that you would get me to eat. I however, said nothing."

"So that's your choice? You're not eating?"

I nod, narrowing my eyes. What's he got up his sleeve?

_____________________

"Let me go! Why the fuck did you bring ropes with you anyway? This is so messed up!" I scream, trying to wiggle my way out of the rope around my bound wrists.

"Food is good for baby." He flashes me a smirk before holding up a fork with sausage on it.

"I'm not a ba-" My voice gets muffled from the food being shoved in my mouth. It tastes really good.

I unwillingly chew, scowling at his I-beat-you face.

"Was tying me up really necessary?"

"You're a little devil when you don't want to do something." He feeds me another forkful.

I glance at Sammy who is flopping in her seat.

"You need to untie me so I can help her. " I motion to Sam.

Four, for once, actually complies, akwardly untying the rope.

"Do you have any lotion?"

"Uh, bathroom, top cabinet, why?" I place Sam on the ground who runs off to her toys, giggling as she goes.

I turn around to wipe off her high chair tray when hands tug on my sore wrists.

"Ow." I wince, only to be lifted into the air.

I squeak a protest but I cut myself off when I realize I'm sitting on Four's lap.

"What are you-"

He takes my hands and gently massages the lotion into my throbbing wrists, "I didn't mean to hurt you."

"It's alright." I murmur, an electric force flowing from the two of us, awakening my senses.

I enjoy the moment, allowing myself to relax a minute.

"Twissy!" A small voice whimpers, startling me.

"What is it?" I ask, kneeling in front of her so we are eye to eye.

"Puddles." She motions to her old ragged bear, the only thing she owns from her mother.

"What happened to Puddles?" I question, confused.

She tugs on a loose thread on his side stitching.

"Don't pull on it, I will fix it. Okay?"

She nods, a frown still carved on her face.

I return with my hidden scissors, fixing the bear in two seconds.

Sam studies the bear, making sure Puddles is perfect before launching herself at me.

"'Ank you."

I look up to find Four watching us, adoration on his face, the emotion hidden shortly after it's uncovered.

He clears his throat, "I have a meeting to go to, but I'll be back for lunch."

"You didn't eat, please take some. I'd make you coffee if I had a coffee pot." I give him a sheepish smile.

"The food is yours. I will see you later. I promise." Four slips through the door.

____________________

I find myself waiting for him to show up. His presence, although annoying, is pleasent.

I don't know why I catch myself watching the door. Maybe it's nice to hang out with someone my age.

I watch as the clock ticks, two o'clock, three o'clock, four o'clock, five o'clock, six o'clock, seven o'clock, eight o'clock.

By then, I give up.

I feed Sam and give her a nice bath before curling into bed with her.

My last thought before drifting away was; he never showed up.

(I like new followers
Slushie)