Prologue

PROLOGUE

"'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD."

--Leviticus 19:18

 ********************

~Stranger's POV~                                                                                                                                    

“Please. I’ll do anything. Anything!” The feeble man whimpered.

Just to think of it, I made this man feeble; Humans, so easy to manipulate. Especially if you have a gun shoved against their temple like I do now.

“And just what is this ‘anything’?” My own voice started to sound like it was compiled of venom that built up over years. How true, how true indeed.

“I’ll buy you a new vehicle. A Jag? A Bugatti? A Tomahawk? P-p-please don’t kill me.” Pungent sweat began to roll down his face disappearing into his trimmed beard.

“Sorry, none came into my interest.” I cocked my old pistol getting ready for the kill.

“Oh God! Please God.” He began moaning in agony. Why is it that people cry for this God when they are just steps away from his golden gates, or hell for that matter, but don’t make a lifestyle out of it?

“Tick, tock, tick, tock…”

“OK! OK! ALRIGHT! I’ll pay you! With every penny I got! Just don’t kill me! PLEASE! Why me of all people?” He continuously begged and screamed.

“Ok, fine.” I let my left arm holding the gun slowly drop to my side. The old man stood there staring at me in shock and like expected, he came running towards me with his arms outstretched anticipating the tight grip of my neck. I grabbed my .190mm needle gauge and shot the nitroglycerin into his carotid arteries in his neck that lead to his heart. He froze in his tracks slowly dropping to his knees with his right hand grabbing for his heart. All I did was give him a heart attack. I wasn’t going to get blood on my suit, I just had to get his heart pumping some kind of way. Finally, he fell to the ground face first twitching every other second. He stopped moving in, say, five minutes tops. I was here to take back what was rightfully mine, me being the oldest and rightful heir.

I kneeled down onto my knees and planted a flower on the side of the old man's face. “I love you Grandpa.”

******

Dedication for being my book cover artiste! Thanks!!