Five

"I see you have a collection." He turns and looks at me with awe.

"I honestly don't read much anymore, I've finished all of those anyways." I shrug walking back over to the door.

I twist the knob and crack the door only a couple inches before it's pushed closed. I quickly turn around in confusion to see him smirking right behind me with his hand on the door.

"What are you doing?" I ask looking up at him with a frown. I'm so shy this is terrifying. Plus this is uncalled for. Who is he?

"Just enjoying the view." He laughs at himself. His accent making him sound a little funny.

I hope he's joking right now.

"Uhh okay.. I need to go that way if you want to see the rest of the house.." I turn around to open the door again and he finally removes his pale hand from the door with a cackle.

"Aw I'm sorry I was just trying to be funny." he follows me as I walk down the hall.

"You think cornering someone is funny." I laugh looking into our small bathroom before holding both arms out as if to showcase the room.

"Maybe you don't understand my humor. Which would make sense.." He chokes out a loud dolphin like laugh.

I say nothing with furrowed eyebrows. I turn quickly around to show him my parents master room.

"It's okay to be awkward. At least I'm proud of it." He stares at the ground with a crooked smile.

I stifle a laugh. I mean he does look awkward.

"I guess it is." I reply, shrugging in agreement.

"Lets go find something to eat." I say skipping down the stairs, jumping past every second step.

I make my way towards our dimly lit living room. The room filled with weird artifacts and sculptures from all over the world. Boxes piled on top of boxes. The things we never unpacked when we got here months ago. Niall follows close behind, I see him eyeing the room just as I am. I'm assuming he doesn't know what to do with himself at this moment. I wouldn't either being that far from home.

We both slump onto the couch and end up talking for hours, since my parents have seemed to ditch us for grandma. It's already much later then when they said they would be home.

———————-

"So Niall, how do you like the house?" Dad shovels some chop salad into his mouth. I can tell he didn't eat at grandmas and is desperately trying to make this salad work for dinner.

"It's really really nice. Thank you guys for letting me stay here this will be an amazing experience for me. I've never gotten the chance to travel outside of Ireland until now." He smiles at them both seeming truly grateful.

"Did Rosalie show you everything? She can be shy at times so I wanted to make sure you know where everything is." Moms asks passing me the large salad bowl even though I'm not eating any.

"Yes! I think we covered everything." He says looking over at me, obviously sorry for his awkwardness.

"Thank you Niall." Mom says fixing her glasses and starting to stab at her meal.

Dinner passes like this for at least half an hour.

My phone buzzes in my lap.

'Hey are you busy tomorrow?' Carter's text read.

I look up at everyone eating and scan the overall mood of the room. I calculate my chances.

"Not unless we make plans!" I reply.

I look up at my parents, and wait for a pause in their conversation.

"Can I go out tomorrow?" I ask quickly, eager for a immediate yes.

"Baby we have a few plans for tomorrow already! We were kind of hoping you would baby sit Niall...." Mom pouts, obviously expecting nothing less but an 'ok' from me.

"Babysit?" Niall looks over at my mom with a surprised yet almost disgusted expression. One eyebrow raised and a defensive smile following right after. 

"What I really meant was, Rose needs to prioritize some time for you so you won't be alone your first couple days here. Until you get the chance to make friends I'm afraid it could get quite dreary here." She explains.

"I think Carter wants to do something tomorrow.." I say almost whining but not quite.

"If Niall can go with you..you can go to whatever it is." She says squinting at me through her reading glasses.

'Can I bring my friend?' I reply to Carter.

After dinner we all move to the living room and veg out on the couches.

My phone lights up.

'Dad says that's fine. As long as he can behave himself. Lol!!!!!' she reply's.

'Can your dad pick us up?' I ask. I start to bite my nails at the thought of being in that mans vicinity again.

'Yeah. Be ready at twelve (: We will be there to pick you both up." she replys.

I sigh before explaining the plans to Niall, and then my mom. Of course, shorty after I had to brief Niall on who Carter was and if HE even wanted to go. He knows he doesn't really have a decision at this point.

'P.s We're sneaking out (;' she texts.

Time for bed.

___________________________

Whew! It's been so long guys!!!

Vote/favorite/Like/whatever

THANKS FOR ALL THE READS ❤️

Ily!

(03-06-21) COMMENT 'SAGGY YONKERS' IF YOU'RE NEW AND READING THIS IN 2021!!!