Chapter 53: Forever and Always

Start from the beginning

"Got a blanket in your car?" I asked Louis.

"Might, I'll go check, you can grab us a spot." I nodded and walked over to the crowd, finding a space in the middle of the crowd for the two of us. About a minute later, I saw Louis coming back with no blanket, of course. He sat down with me and we ended up having to tough it up and lay down on the grass. Poor us. Louis put his arm around me and I rested my head on his shoulder as we watched the band on the stage performing. They were doing covers of songs, mostly by rock-pop bands like The Fray and Parachute: my favorites. They were currently singing one of my favorite songs, Never Say Never. Not as good as the original, but still really good.

"Louis?" I heard a girl's voice and I sat up, turning my body. Louis did the same.

"Eleanor? What are you doing here?" he sounded somewhat shocked. I decided to stay out of it. Talk about awkward.

"Just hanging out while on break. What about you?" she asked nicely. I remember what happened with her months ago, but she seemed so nice now; like a completely different person.

"Well, we went to the United verses City game. You'll be happy to know that United won."

"Oh, fun! Well, I'm Eleanor." she finally looked over at me. Not to be rude, but I had felt invisible this entire time. Sue me if I want a little attention.

"Ashley. Nice to meet you." I smiled at her. She looked back at me for a quick second before switching back to Louis, talking about who-knows-what. I decided to drown out their conversation and listen to the next singer. It was hard not to turn and listen to their conversation again, I mean, I'm jealous of Eleanor. She's amazingly gorgeous, she's funny, she has an accent, and she's a smart college student. I am none of those things, unless you count my looks as funny. Oh I can't help it, I'm listening now.

"So, how's life been?" Louis asked awkwardly. Gosh he's horrible.

"Okay. I miss you and the boys." she sighed. Oh well, she's the one who broke up with him first, so she shouldn’t be missing him that much. But I can imagine, I mean, I was feeling the same thing however many months ago.

"Well I'm sure you're having fun on tour." I heard her say after spacing out for a bit.

"We did. Tour officially finished a few months ago, we cut it a little early for some family issues." Louis said. Yeah family issues, meaning me.

"Oh okay, well good that you had fun. Do you guys need a blanket, you can share with us." Eleanor gestured to the few people around her and they all nodded. Well that was nice of her.

"Eleanor, no offense, but we are on a date. I hope you don't mind, but we're perfectly fine on the grass." Louis said. Wow, that just made things super awkward.

"Oh right, sorry! I forgot! Sorry again. I'll leave you alone!" she gasped and said sorry about a billion times before turning back to her friends.

"Want something to eat?" Louis asked me. Now that he mentioned it, I was a bit hungry. The sun was setting and I figured it was about time for some dinner.

"Yeah, I could go for some food." I smiled.

"I'll go get us something. Be right back. And this time, I'll actually come back with something." we both laughed as he stood up and made his way to the back of the crowd were the food was.

"So, Ashley, I heard about your um.. cancer.. and I'm really sorry." I turned and saw Eleanor talking to me. Great, she had to bring that up. I hate when people pity me.

"It's alright. I've got my friends, family, Louis. That's what matters." I smiled. See, I've improved my outlook on life.

"Yeah, for now at least, can't imagine what will happen with Louis if you get any worse."