Chapter 17: I Hate Goodbyes

The sound of screeching alarm clock woke me up Saturday morning. I groaned and searched for the chord to unplug it. Found it. Why am I unplugging it? Well there's no sense of keeping it on if no one is going to be in this house for six long months.

Ugh, I'm leaving today.

I heard a soft groan coming from the other side of the bed. At first it scared me, but then I realized it was just Louis. I looked at him and flashed a slight smile. He smiled back and grabbed my waist, pulling me back down to the bed and into his chest. He wrapped his arms around my body and I did the same around his neck. We just sat there. For about half an hour. In complete silence. But we were both thinking the same thing. Today and the next six months are going to suck.

I figured it was time to get up and get ready, so I unlatched my arms and Louis did the same with his. I headed into the bathroom and took a shower, also grabbing my makeup bag, shampoo, and other 'things'. I walked back in my room where Louis was no longer present. He must've gone in his room to finish packing or something. I put the last few things in my suitcase and changed into my soccer sweats and a plain white v-neck. All of a sudden I felt something soft land on my head and I looked up to see a sweatshirt sitting there. Why is there a black sweatshirt sitting on my head? I pulled it off and looked at it.

"You're supposed to wear it." I heard Louis say from the other side of my room.

"Oh, right," I said, putting it on, "It's a little big."

"I know, it should be. It's mine." his soft voice got closer. I turned around and he sat at the end of my bed, smiling.

"Well then why am I wearing it? Go put it in your suitcase" I said, quickly taking it off.

"No, you're wearing it because I'm giving it to you. Now, if you're going to wear it, you have to wear it right. Make sure you tie the strings up, like this." He said, sitting up and tying the strings of the hoodie into a bow. I smiled at him and fiddled with the sleeves of my jacket. We looked up at each other and I could sense the sadness in his eyes. He pushed a few strands of hair out of my face and leaned in, we were about to kiss, and then of course, he happened.

"Guys! We gotta go to the airport!" Niall ran in and we quickly broke away. Louis awkwardly ran back into his room and I gathered up my bags. Way to kill the moment Irish boy. I met back up with Louis in the hallway and he took my bags down with him as I turned all the lights off upstairs. I took a last look at what had been known as my room for the last two months. Empty and cold. That's what the house felt like. That's what I felt like.

"Bo, you ready to go?" Harry yelled from downstairs.

"Yeah, I'm coming." I said, shutting off the final light and walking downstairs. The boys were already in the car and Harry was waiting for me by the door. It was dark and cold today. 'Perfect' weather for flying. Maybe our flights will get delayed.

"Got everything?" he asked.

"Yup, you?"

"Mhm, lets go, Paul doesn't want us to miss our flights." we walked out the door and into the dark van Paul had driven in.

The car ride was... well, a normal car ride with these boys. Niall, Zayn, Harry, and Liam couldn't stop talking about the tour. I could tell they were all really excited for it to get started. I was happy for them, but I couldn't stand to see them go. They had become my best friends, my brothers (not counting Harry who actually is my brother). Meanwhile, me and Louis were sitting in the back of the van. We were silent. Occasionally we would make a comment on something someone said, but for most of the car ride, we just sat there. I looked out the window and watched London wiz away. Every spot in the city had a different memory. A special memory. Memories I wanted to keep on having. Louis touched my hand lightly and intertwined his fingers with mine. I looked back at him and smiled, putting my head in the crook of his neck and closing my eyes.