Chapter 3: Surprises

I couldn't go back to sleep after my nightmare about Harry, so I stayed up and listened to music. When the sun began to creep out, I figured it was time to get up. I showered and got dressed before any of the guys could wake up. By the time I was done, it was already nine and the guys were just now waking up. I headed downstairs and helped Harry make breakfast. I was eating my pancakes at the table quietly with everyone else when the phone rang. Harry got up to answer it. I could tell by the look on his face that it was someone he didn't recognize, but then he looked at me and I knew exactly who it was. 

"Ashley, there's someone on the phone for you. Says his name is Matt."

"Oh yeah. That's just a friend of mine. He's just probably calling to make sure I'm okay. I'll go take this upstairs so I don't disturb you guys." I said as I grabbed the phone and headed up the stairs.

"Matt! I can't believe you called the house phone. You know that I haven't told Harry yet." I whispered as I shut the bedroom door.

"I know. I just wanted to make sure that you were doing okay. Are you coming tonight? Meet me at central park." He said.

"Yeah, I'll be there. But I got to go now before Harry gets suspicious. See you later." I said as I quickly ended the call and headed back downstairs.

"What was that all about? Liam asked. 

"Nothing. My friends are trying to throw me a big birthday party when I get home and they were wondering who should be on the guest list." I said. 

"Oh cool." Niall managed to say between the last bites of his fifth pancake.

I finished my food and cleaned off my plate. We didn't have anything planned for today so I decided to just lay down on the couch and read a book. I was nearly finished with the first chapter when the doorbell rang. I looked around and then continued reading, figuring one of the guys would get it. It was probably just some paparazzi or something anyway. But when the doorbell rang a second time and no one came to get it, I decided that I should just take a peek to see who it is. I opened the blinds just enough to see four pretty girls standing there, a couple of crazy fans. I walked away from the window but then stopped dead in my tracks when I realized that those girls weren't fans, they were my best friends! I ran back to the door and opened it.                       

"Oh my god! What are you guys doing here? I can't believe you're here, this is such a surprise!" I screamed as I gave them all huge hugs and invited them in the house.

"Well, we're here to see you-" I cut Tori off.

"Shh! I told you not to talk about that." I whispered and pointed to the kitchen where all five guys were watching us. We all waved and then turned back.

 "Oh right. We'll we just came because we missed you! Come on, let's go shopping or something!" Kaitlyn squealed, catching on.

"Yeah Bo, go hang out with you're friends. There's nothing to do around here anyway." Harry said from the kitchen.

"Okay, I'll be back at around six. Later!" I said as I grabbed my bag and left with my friends.

"That was so close. Do you have my stuff?" I asked looking at Claire.

"Yeah, it's in my car. I can't believe you still haven't told him about it. What do you think is going to happen when he finds out?" Claire said as we got in her car.

"I don't know. I was just planning on not telling him. It's not even that big of a deal."

"Not a big deal? Failing a pop quiz isn't a big deal. Traveling all the way to England to play in a championship soccer game, that's a huge deal!" Hailey screamed at me.