1 / Danger

"Mom I'm going to Hangang, okay?" I looked at her and was hoping she would say yes.

"Again? You're there everyday and today you have to work at the restaurant Yejin. You know I'm alone today and I need your help there, dad isn't here."

She's right I really go there everyday but I go to so I can draw new clothing pieces for my studies and not be interrupted by someone at home every other second. I let out a heavy sigh.

"Please mom, I promise I won't be late for work!" She looked at me a little angry but agreed anyways.

I got on my bike and left. It didn't take long since we live near the river. I looked for an empty bench and sat down starting to draw a new outfit. When I was finished I was really proud even though it wasn't really special, just a white shirt with cute jeans shorts and red converse high.
Studying design was really rough sometimes but I also love it and I was hoping to get into the fashion industry one day.

When I looked at my phone and saw how late it has gotten already I quickly jumped up and got on my bike because I couldn't be late for work today. My parents own a little restaurant and I'm working there sometimes. It's not as bad as it sounds because one day they'll be giving the restaurant to me. It's not my dream. At least not like being a fashion designer but it's better than nothing I guess. Somehow I even got there a little bit earlier which was great because that way my mom wouldn't be angry at me.

I got behind the counter and walked into a little room to put on my work clothes. They weren't special but my mom wanted everyone to wear the same black jeans and a withe shirt with the name of our restaurant on it. She would also go furious if the name tag was missing. I walked into the kitchen and my mom was already there cooking.

"Hey mom, can I help you with anything?"

"Actually no, not here in the kitchen. But you could  decorate the tables for later. There will be important people coming tonight so everything has to look neat."

"You want me to decorate all the tables by myself?" I asked and probably looked more surprised than I should've.

"Of course not. There is a new part time worker and his name is Jake, he should arrive any minute now." She smiled at me and then went back to her cooking.

I walked out of the kitchen and wondered who this Jake guy could be. By his name I assumed he wasn't Korean so maybe he just moved here or is a foreign student. I thought it could be exciting to have someone else around for a change. When I was about to clean the tables someone entered the restaurant. My

"We're not open yet," I said not even looking at the person.

"Hey I'm Jake," a deep voice said.

I imidiately stopped cleaning and looked at him. He had black hair and sharp blue eyes which were noticeable from afar already, he also looked very handsome although he just wore black jeans and a plain white shirt. I guess he came prepared.

"Excuse me.. Hello?"

He waved  his hands right in front of my face and I got back to reality. Great Yejin that wasn't embarrassing at all!

"Yes, sorry. Hello Jake my name is Kim Yejin." I said and bowed like 95 degrees.

"I'm the daughter of the owners and I'm just cleaning and decorating the tables now, I'll show you around and introduce you to my mother,  then we can do that together." I smiled and tried to act as normal as possible.

To get rid of the embarrassing atmosphere I quickly showed him everything and explained to him how to decorate the tables for tonight. He did a good job right away. Maybe this wasn't his first job in gastronomy. As soon as we were done with all the tables we sat down and relaxed for a little bit. I didn't know if I should talk to him so I just stayed quiet until my mom approached us.

"You two did great. Now go home and relax." She said smiling proudly.

"Really? We can go home?" I asked.

"Yes. I don't want you here tonight because the people who are coming are really important. Everything has to work out perfectly." I knew she didn't mean that in a bad way but it was still a bit upsetting.

We got up and left the restaurant together. I wanted to say goodbye and leave but I also wanted to ask him a few things because he seemed interesting and friendly.

"So Jake... Are you new here in Korea because you don't seem familiar?" I scolded myself in my head for being way too curious and nosy. I got pretty nervous about his reaction.

"Yes and no. Me and my parents lived here until I was eleven years old and then we moved to America, and now we're back here."

I just nodded my head and then bid my goodbye to him. He didn't bow, he smiled and waved at me before leaving. Very american.

When I got home I was all alone so I decided to listen to some music and draw some more. But when I was about to sit down and start drawing my phone rang. It was Ga Yoon, my best friend.

"Hey Yoonie," I said.

"I'm at your house in ten, need to show you something." She said and hung up.

This girl really is something, I mean I love her like a sister but sometimes she's just too much.
We have known each other since elementary school and have been best friends from that day on. Ga Yoon is really lively and always happy, I've never really seen her sad. That's also why we're a good match. I'm always negative about things but she isn't. She's able to see the good in everything. Sometimes I envied her for that personality trait. The only thing that annoys me is her never ending love for 'Kpop', I never understood that hype even though I'm Korean. The bell rang and I went to open the door, Ga Yoon rushed in not bothering to say hello and sat down in front of my laptop after entering my room.

"Not even greeting me today?" I pouted.

She mumbled 'hey' and started to type something on my laptop. When she found what she was looking for she said that I should sit next to her because she had to show me something important, so I did.

"I know you don't like kpop but there's this group called BTS and I know one song that you would like." Really? Coming over just to show me a song, she easily could've sent me the link to it. That was so her.

She clicked on the video and smiled at me but I wasn't that impressed at first. The song was called 'Danger' and I really started to enjoy it after the first chorus. I thought that this could be my new jam. The video finished and I even clapped saying that she should start it again.

"So you like it?" She asked me and grinned.

"I don't like to say this but yes! It's really catchy." She smiled proudly because she had succeeded.

"But Ga Yoon.. What's the name of this guy?" I pointed at the one who rapped really nicely. He had blond hair and was taller than the others, also his skin looked kinda tan.

"Oh you mean Rap Monster."

"Rap...Monster?"

"His name is Kim Namjoon and he's the leader of the group." She said and then went on about the structure of Kpop groups and how the industry worked.

Kim Namjoon. He looks interesting.. And we share the same last name. But almost everyone is named Kim. Still, I liked that. And I wanted to know more about him.

xxxxxx

Welcome to the story everyone! I hope you're going to enjoy it as much as I enjoyed writing it!
This is me typing from 2023! I'm updating this story to just correct errors and change some wording and so on. No insane changes! Maybe I'll also continue with the sequel! Please enjoy and feel free to leave comments.

I wrote this when I was very young so there'll be cringe and lots of it, haha!

x Kiwi aka Joy