Change of Plan. Change of Life

Start from the beginning

Ron’s confusion grew to anger and disappointment, Hermione’s sadness seemed to turn to rage in an instant, and Harry let out such a pain filled scream it chilled me to the bone. 

Harry ran toward Draco and kicked him because he was on the ground. 

He gasped out in pain and I was sure I heard a bone break. 

“STOP!” I screamed. I could barely handle them in pain, never mind Draco too. 

This whole situation felt like a crazy nightmare. There was no way it was real. 

I tried to tackle Harry to keep him from hurting Draco again but he hit me and I fell next to Draco. I held my hand to my face where Harry had hit me and let the tears of pain fall before looking up at him darkly. 

Hermione simply stood there watching and Ron turned his back. 

Harry took out his wand and pointed it at me. Then he slowly knelt down and came close to me. 

“You cannot possibly understand the anger, no, rage that I feel right now. If you’re smart and know what’s good for you, you’ll get out of the way.” He said slowly through his teeth. 

I leaned toward him. Strength like I’d never imagined came to me when I said, “I’d rather die.” 

I was going to say, ‘I’d die for him’ or ‘Rather me than him.’ But I figured I’d already hurt him enough using Draco, why rub it in his face anymore. 

His jaw clenched and then he did something I never would have suspected in a million years. I thought he was going to kill Draco and I, honestly I did. But instead? He ran away. 

Meeting Ron’s eyes one last time, he ran off after Harry right away. But Hermione stayed. 

Her face was so cold I could hardly believe it belonged to her. I could feel the fire of hatred pulsating off of her. 

Then she forced out a question. 

“The baby?” She asked. 

I simply stared at her, daring to phrase the question for what it really was. 

I knew I didn’t have the right to be angry and they had good enough reason to want to kill me. But I couldn’t help being angry. 

She gave me one last glare before saying, “I trusted you.” 

Then she was gone with the other two. 

I was angry because he hurt Draco. I was angry because of how stupid I was. I was hurt because I lost my best friends of seven years. I was hurt because of the looks of hatred they gave me. But despite all the pain I was going through, I turned my attention to Draco. 

His hand met my cheek. 

With a forced smile he asked, “Are you ok?” 

I nodded. “No.” I said, “But I will be.” I kissed him on the cheek then proceeded to try some healing spells on him. 

“Malfoy?” We both looked up in surprise. We had forgotten that Goyle was still there. 

“Goyle.” Draco nodded. 

Then he came over to me and extended his hand. 

I gave him a small crooked smile and shook his hand. 

Then he ran away to join the battle. Draco and I looked at each other in confusion then chuckled at him. 

“Come here.” He said. I brought my face closer to him and his thumb grazed over where Harry hit my face. He kissed it. “He’s more than dead.” He said. 

I shook my head. “Let’s end this. I deserved it and why drag on this war forever? Promise me you won’t go after him?” 

“He can’t get away with hitting you. You didn’t deserve that no matter what you did.” 

I sighed. “I know that. I don’t believe violence is ever the answer, but where does it end? If you go after him now it’ll never stop. Let’s just move on and try to survive.” 

He was silent for a long time then. “I’m not letting him get away with hitting you.” 

I nodded, “Well, I believe in karma. Maybe that was my karma and maybe he’ll get some karma for that too. But let’s not intervene. Let’s let the universe work it out and we can just run away right now and focus on our life together. On our family. Let’s go get Narcissa and Lucious and bring him with us. This isn’t our battle. Let’s run away and never be heard from again.” 

He smiled. “Run away with you?” 

I kissed him then whispered, “Run away with me.” 

We took each others hand and started to leave. We started our mission to find Narcissa and Lucious. That was step one. Step two was getting the baby and the things she needs. Step three? Well, step three was simply to run and never look back.