The Third Chance

Rin's POV

I was able to go out of the hospital today. So I got up and walked out of the hospital. Mikuo got his car repaired and he drove me home. When I got there Yukari was standing at the front of my porch with Aoki's phone in her hand. "I'll see you later Rin," Mikuo said and kissed my forehead and I stepped out of his car. I looked at Yukari and smiled and waved with my good arm. "Hi!" I said and Yukari smiled. "Hey can I show you something?" Yukari asked and I nodded and sat next to her on the porch steps and she played a video. It was taping on a house. And in the meantime I saw a bedroom with a depressed person in it. The video was blurry. But the audio was loud and clear I could definitely know who's voice it was shouting my name over and over again.

*after watching the video*

"Len?" I asked and Yukari nodded. So we weren't cousins. That means he was just another person that hurt me for no reason! For two years I wanted another chance from him so he could be treated like family. But instead, he isn't my cousin. And he hurt me. Twice. I can't accept that. But he dealt with this pain for, four years technically. Maybe hurting me, was an accident? No that doesn't sound right. He misheard from Aunt Kaya that we were cousins because she was going to marry my dad. When she called me for tea, she was going to tell me the truth. But dad murdered her and now she never got the chance to tell me the truth.

It's not like he was the only one who felt pain about what happened! I did too! I wrote "Abstract Nonsense" because of it. I shredded his journal and threw his cardigan in the trash. Heck I even burned the remains of it! I crumpled the paper planes into paper balls and they joined the burning group of Journal and Cardigan. It's not like he was the only one shouting out of pain! At least I got over it. He has Miku. I have Mikuo. But I feel like, something went wrong when I said that he had Miku the last time. He's not happy now. But I am.

Maybe the difference. I didn't know that he felt pain when I kissed him in freshman and basically ignored him for the rest of my life. He felt pain. I did too. Now he hurt me here. He felt pain and still feels pain right now. I felt pain but now, it's lessened but the pain is still there? But if i want to get rid of that pain, do I have to break up with Mikuo and end up hurting him? I don't want to hurt anybody. But why do I feel like, it's the right decision?

Len's POV

After a while my phone started ringing. Anonymous. I answered it. "Hello?" I asked and a girl's voice answered. It wasn't Miku. "Len. It's me," the girl's voice said. I was so shocked that I was going to burst again.

"R-Rin?" I asked and the girl laughed innocently. It was her. It could only be her. "I found out the truth. I know we're not cousins. But why didn't you tell me sooner?" Rin said. How in the world did she know? "I-I was afraid I was going to hurt you. If I told you," I stammered and Rin laughed her innocent laugh again. "Why would I get hurt again if you told me the truth? Len I know I was stubborn and stupid when you said I was your cousin. I was afraid to admit the truth. But hey, that's behind everything now. The reason I called you, is if you wanted a third chance. You know, as friends and strictly as friends only. Since both of us are dating," Rin said.

It was the third chance I wanted. The third chance to patch things up and to not hurt anyone anymore. "Yeah. That sounds like a plan," I said and chuckled a little when inside I felt like my heart was beating faster than lightning. I felt actually, happy. Even just as friends I was okay with. Being around her wouldn't be as awkward as it should be. Rin chuckled a little, too. Everything about her made me feel that this third chance so something I should have done a long time ago.

"So I'll see you at school, I have to do homework. Bye!" Rin said cheerfully and hung up. I looked at my wrecked place and smiled. I cleaned up everything. My iPhone screen was cracked but it still worked. My controller still worked. It's just my mirror that needed to be replaced. And my photos which I really didn't care about. They were all me. Not family photos mom had those. So I threw the ripped shreds in my trash. Besides that everything was fine. And a small dent on my wall.