King and Queen

Len's POV

I was hurting inside when I said that to her. I don't know why I said it words just blurted out of my mouth. I'm Jock Len now. This is how I act. But I don't want to act this way. I looked behind my guilty. Mikuo was comforting Rin. She was crying. I heard her when I left the hallways. I couldn't forgive myself. I can't. "Len!" I heard a girly voice call my name. I turned to her. Hatsune Miku. "Where were you? Did you get my gym bag?" Miku asked and I nodded handing her teal-colored gym bag back. "Thank you!" She said happily and kissed me on the cheek.

"Len Rei Kagamine!" Someone saying my full name said furiously and when I turned to look who it was. It was mom. She was furious as tears were falling out of her eyes. "Your Aunt Kaya's dead! Len, why did you ran away? Was I being too hard again?" Mom said and her voice crack and she squeezed my tight I couldn't breathe. Literally. I ripped away from her arms and started panting like a dog. "Next time Len, tell me when I'm being too hard on you. We're going to you Aunt Kaya's funeral tomorrow," mom said. I shook my head. Aunt Kaya's dead? Which means, Rin and I aren't related! But I made my choice already, and I can't undo it.

"I decided Len, your staying in this school. I've seen how you grown to actually be a nice person. Piko told me everything," mom said. "Before you were so mean and furious with the world. But now your the son I always wanted you to be!" Mom said and patted my head. "Ever since that Miku girl left from your life. You changed. I love the change! Your staying in this school, okay?" Mom said and I nodded. But I'm that person that mom hated before. I'm Jock Len. But I had to lie to my mom and nod walking back to where all the party was going on.

Don't worry, Len. Rin will be out of your mind before you know it...

I keep on saying that in my mind like a song on repeat. Still I can't forget Rin. She isn't my cousin but I might hurt her again. It's best if I act like Jock Len around her. Even if my words hurt her. They won't hurt as much as me breaking up with her. I need to keep my distance around her. Around Rin.

Rin's POV

"Come on, Rin! Your at a dance. Dance!" Aoki said and grabbed my hand and whirled me around till I would up in the arms of Mikuo. Our fingers laced together as always and his hand on my hips. I blushed embarrassingly because I never learned how to dance. "Mikuo? I don't know how to dance. Honestly," I said to him and he let go of our laced hands and put both of his on my hips. "It's simple, Rin," Mikuo said and grinned and I hesitated before starting to dance and wrapped my arms around his neck as a slow song played.

"Care to dance? Princess?" I heard a familiar voice ask in the background. "Awe Len! Your so sweet!" Miku said and another couple started to dance on the floor. It was Len and Miku. I tried my best to ignore him. And focus on the slow music and how I was dancing so I was sure to not embarrass myself. I focused on Mikuo. I was still blushing faintly. I tried to pretend. It was only Mikuo and I. I tried to pretend that Len wasn't even there. I tried to pretend. That Mikuo was Len.

Why is it that I feel different when it's not you....?

I was drowning in my own thoughts. My confusion. My anger. My jealousy.

Why is it that I have to pretend that he's you....?

My pretending. My embarrassment. My tears.

But most of all, why is it that you make fun of me, Len?

A tear glistened from the corner of my eyes and rolled down my cheek and stopped halfway when I felt a gentle hand wipe it off. "M-Mikuo. I want to go home," I said quietly since the music was slow and soft. "If that's what you want. It's okay. I'll walk you home," Mikuo said and we laced our fingers together. "BUT BEFORE OUR FIRST COUPLE LEAVES....WE MUST ANNOUNCE THE WINTER KING AND QUEEN!!!!" Piko said on the megaphone stopping the music.