Day of a Dance

Len's POV

I was glad to get the thought of Rin off of my chest. Maybe I should visit Aunt Kaya again. But she was the one that caused me to yell at Rin and everything. I really liked her. But now I had Miku. And now I'm back to being the Jock Len that I am. I visited my Aunt Kaya's house and knocked on the door first. Aunt Kaya opened it with a frown on her face. "Len, you didn't let me finish when I was talking to you," Aunt Kaya said and I shrugged. "Well, I didn't want to get all pissed in front of you," I said facing the ground. "Len..." Aunt Kaya said lifting my chin up with her finger so I had to look directly at her in the eye. "You changed, Len. Ever since that Rin girl left your life," Aunt Kaya said with her eyes worried.

I clenched my fists and grit my teeth preventing me from yelling at her. But I couldn't hold in my anger. It was Aunt Kaya's fault that all of this happened. "Stop mentioning her! It's your fault that she isn't with me! You don't deserve to talk about Rin! And you won't talk about her AGAIN!!" I said and ran and ran again. The thought of Rin didn't get off my chest so easily. She was still on my mind 24/7. But now that she was my....cousin. I couldn't take it. "LEN WAIT!!!!" Aunt Kaya said and started running after me. I started sprinting. I didn't want to talk to her. I DON'T want to talk to her. "Len...." Aunt Kaya said and I heard her footsteps stop making sounds. She stopped panting like a dog. I ignored her and continued running.

"LEN!!!! SHE'S NOT YOUR COUSIN!!!" Aunt Kaya yelled back. My eyes widened in shock. I looked back and ran back to Aunt Kaya. "Len....her father proposed to me....I declined it....she's still yours, Len. This is why....I needed to finish...my sentence," Aunt Kaya said still catching up to her breath. What have I done? All of this was my fault because I over-reacted? "Len...I didn't want you to tell her because what you thought was wrong. Rin and you aren't related. It's just coincidental that you have the same last name. There's no files showing your related. Please. Just get her back," Aunt Kaya said.

But she won't forgive me...

I couldn't think now. The words I thought in my head were the only possible hint to my final answer. I should leave Rin alone. She's with Mikuo. Someone who will never hurt her, like I did. I have to forget about Rin. But...I can't! It's so hard choosing. But I'm tired of hurting people. Either I'll be happy again. Or Rin will stay happy with Mikuo. I'll be with Miku. So it's fine. Rin will be happy, right? I just have to ignore her if she's coming to the dance. If I can't ignore her. I'll have to act like Jock Len. I can't hang out with my present friends. Just thing of, Oliver as Kaito! Piko as Gakupo! Meiko as Yuki! Luka as Aoki! Gumi as Yukari! But I can't imagine Miku as Rin. No one can replace Rin. But I want her to stay happy. She'll stay happy if I'll ignore her. And I'll start to forget who she ever was. And she'll start to forget where I existed in her life.

Rin's POV

Mikuo was being a gentleman walking me to Yuki's house. Keeping me happy with corny jokes that Rinto tells me all the time. Mikuo was his roommate in his apartment. I laughed at every single one of them. He was so much like my brother, Rinto. I could almost forget the pain in my heart. He wasn't like Len. When we always had these awkward silences and- STOP IT RIN!!!

"And so he said- Rin? Are you okay?" Mikuo asked noticing the change in my expression. I nodded. "Your here at Yuki's house. So I'll pick you up at the time of the dance," Mikuo said and he let go of my hand and I smiled at him and knocked on Yuki's door. She answered in less then a second.

"Aoki, Yukari and I HEARD YOU!!! You have a boyfriend now?! Oh my goodness!" Yuki said and Aoki and Ykari nodded standing in back of you. "Rin you look so cute I thought you were going to the prom like that already! Anyways I have your dress with me plus some hoop earrings and high-heel shoes that my mom said you could borrow," Aoki said and I nodded and she handed me a box. "I'm glad your boyfriend isn't Len. Since he hurt you," Yukari said and I frowned and nodded and went into the closet. I changed into my dress and put on the pair of hoop earrings on my ears and a pair of white high-heel shoes with a painted white butterfly on the top of each one. My hair was already done. Into it's bun with the loose strands of hair and a yellow flower hair pin.