Epilogue

Graduation a few months later.

As we stand to walk and get our diplomas, I can't help but feel, overjoyed. I hear Rider's name being called, then I see his gorgeous brown hair that I have run my hands through countless times. There is a "rule" at our school graduation, that you wait until everyone's name has been called before you cheer.

No one follows that rule.

As he shakes the principal's hand, I see and hear his family cheering, and my parents next to them, clapping, but not drawing as much attention.

Things have been pretty great, since that night on the beach, where he finally confessed to being in love with me. My volleyball team was second in the state, and our football team won the state championship. I drove 4 hours in December, just to watch.

Mine and Rider's 8 month anniversary is coming up, and I am beyond ecstatic and what we're doing in the future. We both got scholarships to the University of Florida, where Mason and Brennan are still going. Brooklyn and Cali are going to Rollins college, and Trystan and Flynn got partial scholarships to Florida State.

"Sterling Emory." I hear my name being called. I walk across the field for the last time, and can hear my family cheering. I look over and see Rider sitting down, and wink at him. He just chuckles.

**************

After the ceremony, all of our families take lots of pictures.

Brooklyn and Trystan were off and on a lot until March. I told her to keep him, or kick him. She kept him.

"Alright Mom, that's enough. We're going out." Rider says to his mom, dragging me to his car.

We all head to one of the burger joints. dressed in our future colleges colors. I have on a blue dress, surprisingly, matching Rider's blue button up.

After dinner, we head to the beach. My beach. Mine and Rider's favorite beach. Brooklyn and Trystan stay there until a little after 8, but have to leave because they're going on vacation the next day. Cali and Flynn leave, just because they're tired, not long after Brooklyn and Trystan. Rider and I sit on the beach until close to midnight, just listening to the waves and talking.

"Let's go get ice cream." He says, but grabs my hand and pulls me up before I can respond.

When we get to the parlor, he orders our usual. Cake batter in the biggest cone.

We sit at a bar facing a window.

"I'm going to miss this." I say, leaning into Rider as he puts his arm around my shoulder.

"We still have most of the summer. And we'll always come back."

I shake my head. "Not this place. This moment. What are we going to do in the fall when we're both traveling all the time? We're not going to be able to just go to the nearby ice cream shop on a Saturday night or Sunday afternoon. Chances are one of us are not going to be around."

"If you think I'm letting anything like that happen, you're so wrong. I did not bust my ass last fall for you to give up on me now." He says. I can feel him shaking with laughter. "Besides. I know this is just your nervous mechanism. Paranoia. You'll be over it in a few weeks." He squeezes me closer to him.

I turn and kiss the front of his shoulder. "You know me too well."

"Ain't that the truth."

"Shut the hell up."

"I will. But only because I love you." He says, kissing the top of my head.

"And I love you."

***********************

That's it! I'm actually extremely proud of myself, even though I can't even count all the mistakes. It's my book and I'm pretty happy with it.

Heads up, I am posting a new book soon. The prologue should be up soon, although not for a few weeks, so I can get back into the swing of school and volleyball.

-Au Revoir! xoxo. C.