Chapter 10

Although it scared the absolute shit out of me, I still don't flinch. I roll my eyes.

"Really, Calloway? Get your own food." I say.

He just shrugs and tries to grab a French fry. I slap his hand. Hard.

"Pretty sure I didn't stutter, dick. Get. Your. Own. Food."

He just laughs and gets up. It's only then that I realize the two guys who asked my best friends to homecoming have joined the table as well. I smile as they sit down. "Hi guys."

The just laugh, and Trystan throws his arm over the back of Brooklyn's chair. "Has he asked you yet?" He asks.

I raise my eyebrows. "What on earth are you talking about?"

He uses his other arm to scratch the back of his neck nervously. "Never mind."

Brooklyn looks at him with disapproval. "He better know how to ask her. She'll only accept it if he asks the right way."

Then it clicks. "Hell no! He better not ask me to homecoming, especially if he's not going to ask the right way." I'm almost screaming.

Trystan and Flynn look very confused. "What the hell are you talking about?" Trystan says.

"Nothing." I say. Brooklyn just rolls her eyes and turns to him.

"Little Miss Sterling over here has very high expectations, especially when it comes to someone asking her something even slightly romantic. Ever wonder why she's never had a date?" She starts. Trystan and Flynn still look very confused and shake their heads. "Here is the answer. Multiple guys ask her every year, but no one has ever done it right. Not once. So she will only say yes if they do it the right way."

"And what would that be?" Tristan says, looking between me and Brooklyn.

"Don't you dare say it, Brooklyn!" I almost yell at her.

She just giggles. "Sorry babe, not happening. Bros before hoes." She smirks, and pats his knee, before continuing with her food.

Tristan looks defeated, but then lights up. He leans toward Brooklyn, whispering in her ear with his arm around her shoulder dragging in a circle. She blushes.

"Oh hell no. You're not using that thing in your pants to get an answer!" I say to Tristan. He starts laughing and pulls away. Brooklyn is still blushing.

Rider returns with Zaxby's, and I grab some chicken off his plate. "Payback is a bitch." I smirk at him. He just laughs and eats his food.

Brooklyn all of a sudden squeals. "Ohmygosh! I have to show my dress!" She say to Trystan, and pulls out her lace dress. His expression is admirable, seeing as he is an 18 year old boy.

"It's beautiful, Brooklyn." He smiles.

She smiles at him, but her phone goes off. She pulls it out, grins like and idiot, and looks at Cali. Then they do the strangest thing. They nod at each other.

"Trystan! You should take me shoe shopping!" He groans, but she shows him the text, then grins.

"Of course I will! Cali, Flynn, would you like to join us?" He smirks.

They both nod, but I raise my hand. "That's cute of you kids, but you're forgetting me."

Rider gestures his hand, saying something, but his mouth is full. I raise my eyebrows at him.

"I can just take you home."

"That's not the problem Sherlock. They won't have a ride home."

Brooklyn speaks up. "You just give us your keys, and we'll hangout tonight!" She is so perky today.