Chapter 13

Sunday afternoon, Brooklyn and Cali come over, and we fix our outfits for the following week. Homecoming week. It works like this. Each day of the week, there is a theme, and you dress up. Friday is always spirit day, and we only go to our morning classes that day. After lunch, we have a huge pep rally in the gym for the rest of the day. It's probably my favorite week of the entire school year. And this is our last year, so were doing it right. This year's theme is Disney, so obviously, its the best year ever.

********************

Monday is Monday U, we wear college gear. I put on my favorite University of Florida sweatshirt, dark wash skinny jeans, and gray Vans.

I arrive at school, and am happy to see almost everyone in college gear. Brooklyn is actually on homecoming court, so she feels the need to dress nice everyday this week. When I get to class, I find Brooklyn wearing a Florida dress, and silver sandals. I also have first class with Cali, who has on a Florida baseball shirt, dark wash jeans, and white flip flops.

I point at her shirt and smirk. "Isn't that kind of a contradiction? You're showing spirit for our football team by wearing a baseball shirt?"

She just shrugs. "Our entire lives are contradictions, man." She acts like she's smoking. I just laugh and sit down.

We sit in rows, and Brooklyn sits my right, and Cali to my left. Since we have all been hanging out, Rider, Trystan, and Flynn have all somehow made their way in front of us. Rider sits in front of me, clad in a Florida football sweatshirt, and dark jeans. Trystan sits  in front of Brooklyn, wearing a Florida tee shirt, and light jeans, and Flynn in front of Cali, wearing a different Florida tee shirt.

Rider turns around to face me, and leans in. I don't lean back, because I know he'll win. He smirks. "So. Have you told the great story of our date yet?" he slightly whispers.

"Ha," I say sarcastically. "Number one, that was not a date. Number two, no. I'm not telling anyone about that."

He just rolls his eyes. "It was still the best date you've ever had."

I snort. "Not by a long shot."

With that, class begins.

*****************

Tuesday is Sleeping Beauty Day, which is pajamas. I have some pretty badass Ariel pajama bottoms, then I just wore a black tee shirt and black vans with it. When I get to class, I see Brooklyn in a Princess Jasmine onesie, which still looks attractive. How? Cali has Minnie Mouse pajama shorts, a white tee shirt, and black sandals.

Trystan apparently talked to Brooklyn, because he has a Prince Aladdin shirt, which looks quite childish on him. Flynn, of course, has on Mickey Mouse pajama bottoms. The two boys sit down, but Rider has yet to come in. All four of them lean in toward me. All at once they start talking to me.

"Don't get angry at me," Brooklyn says.

"I told them not to do it," pleads Cali.

"This is the saddest thing we have ever done," says Trystan.

"I cant believe we were talked into this," Flynn sighs, shaking his head.

I hold up my hand, signaling them to stop talking. "What the hell did you do? What is going on?"

And at that moment, Rider walks in, dawning a tee shirt that looks like Prince Eric's wedding outfit shirt. He walks up to his desk, and turns around, smirking, until he sees me. His frown drops.

"Um, Sterling. Is there a reason you copied me?"

I scowl. "Good try, jackass. I picked this out over the weekend."