Chapter 12

The rest of the week passes, and I win all my volleyball games, and the football team scrapes by, beating West End by 14 points at West End.

Saturday, one week from homecoming, Brooklyn and Cali somehow convince me to go to the beach.

"One of the last weekends we can go!" Brooklyn pleads.

I roll my eyes, but agree.

"Good," she says, "because we've already invited Rider, Trystan, and Flynn." She smirks and stalks into my closet, looking at all my clothes.

I gape, but quickly recover. "Fine. But I'm surfing." I say, and go grab my favorite wetsuit. Since Rider has taught me how, I've been surfing a lot. I think I'm quite good now.

I put on my wetsuit, grab a cover-up, and slide on my white sandals, and pick up my favorite pair of aviators. Brooklyn offers to drive, because she has a rack on top her car for me to put my surfboard.

When we arrive in the beach, we find Trystan and Flynn already o the beach, looking impatient.

I walk up with my surfboard under my arm, not being able to help my smirk. "Where's the third stooge?"

Flynn busts out laughing, slapping his black swim trunks. "Good one. he's actually on his way. He has our surfboards. I wish he would hurry his ass up though."

I laugh, and just as I take my cover-up off, Rider pulls up in his big black Dodge. I see three or four surfboards in the bed of it.

I head into the water, and straddle my board. About a minute and a half later, I'm surrounded by Rider, Trystan, and Flynn. I look to see Brooklyn and Cali layin on towels on the sand.

Rider gets my attention by splashing me. "Fancy seeing you here." He smirks.

I roll my eyes, but can't help but smile. "Well I was forced into it."

He looks down at my board. "When did this happen?"

I raise my eyebrow at him. "I've been surfing without you, pretty boy. I might be able to kick your ass."

He laughs. "You're so cute when you're confident. Too bad it's false hope. No one can beat me."

I just smirk and paddle out.

After an hour or so, we decide to just chill on the beach. I really don't want an awful tan line, so I brought a two piece with me to change into at the little bathroom on the beach.

When I come back, I actually notice what Rider is wearing, or not wearing. I didn't really earlier because we were already in the water. He has on these gorgeous blue swim trunks, that coincidentally matched my Triangl swimsuit. I can't help but check him out. Who wouldn't? He definitely had that amazing v-line that every girl loves, but he didn't have so much muscle that it looked weird. And I am definitely not the type of girl to ogle over some guy.

Brooklyn pulls out her phone and types something. Then Trystan, Flynn, and Cali's phones all go off. They all pull their out, read whatever it was, then smile. Oh God. What is she planning?

Then Rider's phone goes off. He reads his message and smiles. He looks up at me. "Are you ready to go?"

"Um no. I just changed into this. And what does it matter to you?"

He rolls his eyes. "Because I want to take you out to lunch."

"And what makes you think I will go with you?"

Brooklyn speaks up. "Because I'm not going to let you say no."

I know if Brooklyn wants something, she gets it.