Chapter 5- Rider's POV

Authors note: I really felt this was needed, especially for chapter 5. I really do hope you'll bare with me, as it was very hard for me to write this from a male's point of view. I'm obviously a female, so I know so much more about a woman's mind than a man's. But I definitely tried. And to feel free to leave comments. I love to read them.

I really should not have thrown this party. I hate people barging in my house, and acting like they own it. From the start of the party, I haven't been able to find Sterling. And trust me, I've been looking. I can't take the noise and people anymore, so I walk out into the beach. I hear footsteps behind me.

"Can't handle your own party?" Flynn, my wide receiver and best friend, sits down next to me.

"I'm just done with the noise."

"Sterling here?"

"Yeah."

"Still going to deny your feelings?"

I roll my eyes. "Same as it was yesterday, and same it will be tomorrow. There are no feelings towards her."

"Yeah right."

"Alright. You know what? Yes. Yes I do like her. I want her. I want her to want me. But guess what? Some shit never happens. I see the way she looks at me. There is nothing. So I'm not going to put myself out there, just to be rejected and feel real awkward for the rest of the semester. Happy?"

"Shit, Calloway. I didn't know you felt like that."

"Now you do. You say anything, I'll deny it and then kick your ass."

I hear him chuckle next to me. "Got it."

We sit there in silence for a few minutes. He looks over at me, then back to the water.

I roll my eyes, but never look at him. "Go back inside, Flynn, and find some girl to bang."

He gets up and runs inside. Soon after that, I hear footsteps, but they sound different. I know that it's Sterling this time, so I don't look.

She sits down next to me. "You're not being a very good host. They're trashing your house. That's not going to be fun in the morning."

"I'll have the team clean it up with me tomorrow before my parents get home." I can feel my jaw clenching tighter than it already was. I don't want to tell Sterling why I'm pissed off.

"Hey, what's wrong? And don't try that 'I'm fine' shit, because clearly you're not."

I can't help but smile, just a little. Only Sterling could say something that bluntly, and it be comforting. "Kayla is here, alongside the guy she cheated on me with. It's a real make out fest in the dining room."

I see out of the corner of my eye, her mocking disgust. "Oh my god. There are boys kissing girls in there. Don't they know boys have cooties?" she says it like a 4-year-old.

That makes me really smile. I lock eyes with her, trying to mirror her voice. "I know right? Girls have the worst cooties of all. They're so weak, they laugh even if you tickle them just a little bit."

She all of a sudden looks very serious. "Not are girls are ticklish! I'm not."

That makes me very happy. I know I shouldn't do this, but I can't miss an opportunity like this. "Wanna bet?"

"Yeah I will." I don't even give her the chance to second-guess. I grab her hips, and pin her down, then I start to tickle her. I kind of start to second-guess this, because she's not laughing, she's just trying to get me off her.

"Damn, Sterling. Maybe you're not ticklish."

"Rider! I swear to you, as soon as I get you off me, I'm kicking your ass!" I start tickling her again. It doesn't take long for her to start laughing. But not long after that, she starts gasping. "I. Can't. Breathe."