To Die Of A Broken Heart

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry, I always meant to call you, but something else happened, and I...forgot," I replied honestly, which prompted him to laugh a bit into the phone, making me smile because that always was a good sign.

"Well, I'm glad you were able to remember today." I thought about it for a second. Yeah, I was actually glad too. I wondered why I hadn't done so earlier. Royce seemed like a nice, easy-going guy. I liked easy-going guys.

When he asked me what I was doing, I looked down at the clock. I had to chide myself when I realized it was five in the afternoon, and I was still wearing my pajamas, even after showering earlier in the morning. Then I remembered that it was because they were much more comfortable than anything else, and it wasn't like I was going anywhere.

"Nothing at all, just hanging out at home with my best friend." I answered.

"Great. I was heading out for some frozen yogurt. Do you mind joining me?" He asked, and I smiled excitedly at the thought of food.

A FroYo sounded very good right at that moment. And, since I hadn't been out of the apartment since the previous night when Rose and I went to dinner, I figured, why not? It wasn't like I was doing anything else.

"That sounds great." I told him.

"Awesome, how about you send me your address and I'll come get you in about thirty minutes, I know a great place that also happens to be near a park."

"That's perfect," I nodded even though I knew he couldn't see me, and before he could hang up, he said he would see me in a little bit.

"So...?" Rose, who was still lying on the couch, asked with a questioning look.

"I guess we have a date," I got up from the occupying seat. "Royce invited me out for some frozen yogurt," I told Rose.

"See? I told you it was a good idea to call him." I nodded, walking away towards my bedroom to get ready.

"Yeah, yeah, you're almost always right." I joked, walking into the room.

"Wrong! I'm always right, darling." She yelled out. I started laughing before getting undressed to take a quick shower.

______________________

It took Royce less than twenty minutes to get to our apartment. Once I gave him the address and waited in front of the building while I came downstairs.

"Hey." I smiled when I walked out and saw him leaning on his car. He was driving a white Range Rover Sport, which I've heard of but never had been in one. First Darcy's limousine, and now this. I would have never thought I would have been in a car like this in many years.

"Charlotte," He looked up from his phone, smiled, then put his phone away in his pocket before hugging me. "You look beautiful." He complimented me before opening the passenger door for me. I thanked him and got in. Always appreciative of compliments thrown my way.

I had opted for a short, sleeveless, light blue dress with a heart-shaped open back. I loved open-back dresses because, to me, they were so sexy yet could be quite elegant. Royce closed the passenger door, got in the driver's seat, and started driving.

"So, what's that place you're taking me to?" I asked when we entered traffic. He explained to me that the place actually belonged to a friend of his and that they served the best vegan and organic frozen yogurt in the whole city. I laughed.

I've tried frozen yogurt a few times but never the vegan kind. But I was confident that it probably would be good if Royce had suggested it, biases aside. So that's what I kept in mind.