(19) Whispering My Name

This chapter has some sexual things in it. Just an FYI. That's all. 👋

🚨🚨🚨🚨⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Things between Damon and I have been extremely awkward. Since that dance at the barbecue it's been weird, we don't even speak to each other anymore we just stare and most of the time I find myself blushing with embarrassment every time I get caught looking at him.... that's if he's even here to be stare at. I found for the past two weeks he's been gone when I'm here or locked up in his room so we don't see each other. For the times we do see each other it is actually peaceful, but totally awkward.I didn't want to admit that this whole situation was really bothering me, but it was.

"Ugh!" I yelled in my silent bedroom. I messed up on my drawing for the tenth time in the last twenty minutes, the progress has been moving very well, except now I didn't see it moving anywhere because I kept making stupid mistakes. I put down my pencil and rubbed my face vigorously, I wasn't focused and I knew it. I pulled at my hair frustration, I needed to get a grip on my unknown emotions because I didn't really know why I was angry, bothered, and frustrated. I should be glad Damon isn't saying anything to me, I should glad I don't have to see his ugly face.

The lies you tell, you damn well he isn't ugly. You do too know why you're frustrated and it's because you miss him. My conscious spoke to me all of a sudden. I shook off the my thoughts and decided to close my eyes and relax, I needed to just shut my brain off for a few minutes.

I don't know how long I laid with my eyes closed, and to be honest I didn't care, but my eyes shot open when I smelt the faint scent of his cologne. I sat up in the bed and our eyes met for a brief moment, then I avoided eye contact with him.

"Um..... Hi." I croaked out.

"......Hey" he said quietly look at me. "I have to go into work extremely early today, actually I have to go now, but I'll be getting off at my normal time."

"Okay." Who goes into work six hours early?

"But if you get into any trouble tonight call me immediately." I knew he was talking about Antonio.

"Okay Damon."

"Carter I'm being so serious right, look at me." He said and for some reason I did as I was told.

"Call me if anything happens because if you don't...." He trailed off on his threat.

"What are going to do to me?" My narrowed at his nerve to threaten me.

"I'm not going to tell you because actions speak louder than words, so I'm warning you if you don't call me if something happens your ass will be mine." He threatened, but it didn't sound like a threat, it sounded like a sinful promise. His voice was low but deep, his voice and his eyes was filled with promises.... promises he had every intention to keep unless I did as I was told.

I never responded, and Damon wanted a response, "Got it?" He asked me. I simply nodded not trusting my voice at. I wanted to act like his threat/promise didn't affect me, but it did and the only way I could hold on to this act was by not speaking.

"I'm glad you could things my way, I've got to go." Damon said disappearing and soon I heard the front door close. As silence began to become my only friend I began to think about Damon's threat.

So was he really threating me or was he telling me a sinful promise? I slapped my forehead and pulled at my hair. I'm overacting as usual, I tend to overthink things and made them big than they actually were. Yep... I was overacting, but why did I have this gut feeling I wasn't overthinking this time. I needed to talk to someone before I lost my mind.