Chapter 27

~~Henry's pov ~~

"Is there anyway I could get out here sooner?" I ask the Doctor, but he does nothing. He doesn't even make eye contact with me as he scribbles random things down on the piece of paper in his hand. "Hello?" I question shaking my hand in the air. "I'm talking to you. A human being talking to another human being. The point is to respond to me with words." I say slowly which causes his eyes to glance up off the paper in his hands.

"No I'm sorry but you aren't okay enough to go home." And with that he leaves the room, leaving me there sitting on the bed. I slowly flip the white blanket off my leg that got shot, revealing stitches.

I look to my right and suddenly found a small clear cup with the bullet in there.

Five days until Christmas.

Another week laying in the hospital, without Annabel by my side.

~~Scarlet's pov~~

"Do you have to go?" Chloe questions and I nod as I walk out of my house with my suitcases. "But I had so many plans to do on Christmas morning. We could go shopping, there's this new store in the mall that I heard was amazing. I hear that they have cute outfits, hey we should go there! Come on forget about going to see your dad and mom-"

"Actually Chloe, it's just my dad that I'm going to see." 

"Oh," she starts, "when are you coming back though." 

 I shrug. "I have no idea but if I end up getting into a argument with him I'm leaving." 

I stand on the sidewalk, waiting for my dad's assistant to come pick me up. I don't remember a lot about my dad, it's all just a blur. All I remember is me walking out of the house awhile back because I got tired of being around him. I can't remember why I was tired of being around him, but I was told to only visit him on Holidays. 

It only took five more minutes until a black car pulls up next to me, window going down and revealing two girls. 

 "Are you my dad's assistants?" I ask and they nod. The driver had brown hair and blue eyes as she rubs her forehead. 

"Your father is waiting for you. "The other one chirps. She also has brown hair with red highlights and brown eyes. 

"How do I know that you are actually my dad's assistants?" I quiz them as they share a look before the driver sighs in frustration. 

"See I told you he wouldn't do it. I told him that she wouldn't believe us but he decided to. . ."She mumbles the rest under her breath. 

"Hi Scarlet, my name is Rose Baker and if you want we can call your father and have you talk to him. Don't mind Rebecca she might have woke up on the wrong side of the bed if you ask me." She whispers the last part before Rebecca slaps Rose on the back of the head. 

"Call her father." Rebecca says and Rose quickly pulls out her phone that has a blue phone case. 

I turn my attention back to Chloe."You have a weird family." She whispers. 

I shake my head. "Those two aren't part of my family, at least I don't think they are." 

She nods her head. "Well I have to go my mom is wanting me to help finish decorating the house." I nod as she skips off.  

"Scarlet, your father is on the phone." Rose hands me her phone and I hesitantly put it up to my ear as I let out a shaky sigh. 

"Hello?" 

I hear a gasp from the other side of the phone. "Scarlet is that you?" His voice seems dark and dangerous causing me to second guess putting the phone to my ear. 

"Dad?" I question as I suddenly hear him sniffing. 

Is he crying? 

"Scarlet honey, Rose and Rebecca are going to bring you back to my place." 

I stare at Rose and Rebecca as I question my 'dad' again. "How do I know that you are my father? I don't remember much of him after I left with my mom. If your really my father then what's mom's full name and mine." 

"Scarlet Isabel Brown," I felt my jaw drop a little, "and Savannah May Brown." 

That's when I totally let my mouth open as I try to find my words. "H-how do you know that? M-my mom is-"

"Dead, yes Scarlet I know," I let out a gasp and shake my head," I know that because I am your father. What will make you believe that I'm your father?" 

"Seeing you in person and not over the phone, or you not having someone come get me." I snap, quickly. "I barely know you at all and there's a good chance you barely know me. You're probably not my father, you're probably just some kidnapper." 

I could hear Rose giggling as Rebecca smiled leaning her head against the seat. "Fine Scarlet since you don't believe me then we are going to do this the hard way. Hand the phone back to Rose." When Rose hangs up the phone and both of them got out of the car, they started to head toward me. I know where this is going. I quickly back up until my foot slips on ice that had formed on the sidewalk. 

I land on the ground and before I could get up, Rebecca had already grabbed me, digging her nails into my arms as I let out screams for help. I start to kick out of her grip, stepping on her foot but she didn't budge. Within seconds I was thrown into the back of their car and they quickly put on the child's lock.

It happened so fast.

I kicked the car doors and windows, trying to break free from this car as they drove off. "Where are we going?"

"To see your father."

Don't forget to vote, comment, and follow! :)