He smiled at me, before softly speaking, "Then maybe I got all the problem solved." He said.

"I might be a playboy and I never fell in love this way, this destructive, because I never fall in love this much Monique..."

"I do not want to see you from another man, the man who always stood beside you, who gave you comfort, whom you have chosen..." Tears form on his eyes. "The man I should be when I was away from you."

"And you think it was all about money? I don't need them! I don't need your money!"

"Sorry honey. I'm so sorry if hadn't been brave enough for you, for my shortcomings, for not being the best man..."

I place a finger on his lips, stopping him, I shook my head and softly said,  "Vince stop...it wasn't all your fault. I did not understand you when you had to go. I kept our baby from you... I was too jealous. It became a pile of heartaches from Katherine and I stopped understanding, not because I can't, but because I don't want to."

"But it was not the important thing now..." I smiled and him and hold his hand, putting it over the little bump on my tummy.

"This is more important, our little Valerie Maegan."

He smiled at me and kissed me before descending on my tummy and gave our little one a kiss. "Daddy loves you." He mutter, like the way he did last night.

It gave me a shiver on spine, feeling the sincerity of his words.

He hugged me, like he was afraid of being left. "Give me one last chance Monique. I will not mess up. I promise."

I looked up at him, and held his face. "I will give you as many chance as I can."

"You are tied with me" he said.

Smiling I answered, "Forever"

---

One week after staying on our paradise, we decided to go back to New York for my check up.

He was excited about it.

I told him my check up is not yet due, but just to make way for him, I told him I'm going to check myself through his help.

He loves hearing the records of Valerie's heartbeat. At night, he usually play it before we sleep and as he talk to her.

Actually he had a one whole day plan for me, an hour per hour plan if I might add!

He had all things scheduled, and he never missed doing any of it.

He loves taking care of us.

We walk our way to my clinic. It was a sunday and I usually don't conduct clinics on a sunday. Plus the fact that he wanted me to stop working.

I did not disagree to that.

I wanted to be careful with my baby, after this roller coaster ride, my Valerie Maegan needed to be taken care of.

"Stay outside we can manage inside." He instructed and locked on the door.

He had a mischievous smile pasted on his face as I ask him what to do, on opening the machines and all.

Ugh! He looks annoying with that smile!

He held on the stethoscope and patched it around my chest, hearing my heartbeat like he did understood it. Then he put it in my stomach. I smiled at him, he looks crazy!