Chapter Forty Three

Chapter Forty Three

He did not let me leave the island. The island he bought for me.

He was showering me with flowers. He was giving me chocolates which my baby loves.

She loves all kinds of chocolates and too much is bad for her!

"Honey, dinner's ready." He gave me a kiss on the forehead, as he softly say those words.

"When will you let me leave?" I softly asked. It's been our second day here and I needed to go home and drink my food supplements and milk. I wonder if we have those here at the island.

"Did you not want to be with me anymore?" He asked.

I looked away. I do want him. I love him, but it wasn't enough now. It's not the only thing that matters.

I am a human too, and I've been tired of loving him, of being contented with residual love.

It's been three days now, thankful that my morning sickness was not attacking.

He doesn't need to know about the baby anymore.

Or maybe he does?

"Just follow me honey."

I took a deep inhale and heaved out a sigh.

He needs to know.

If he will think it was Mark's then I will wholeheartedly accept it.

If he will accept it as his, then I guess we needed to name our terms.

I walk down carefully, not wanting to trip over.

Vince had been good to me, and somehow, my heart is melting already.

I needed to give him a chance, he needs to know about Valerie Maegan too.

At a far I saw him, sitting on a carpet over the sand, just like how we did before.

I seated in front of him, which made him smile. "I prepared all your favorites."

"I think we need to talk..." I said, even before the smell of the food lingered my nose.

I felt nauseated, feeling something on my throat.

I hurriedly run to the nearest sink and throw up.

I found a hand holding my hair, the other caressing my back. "Are you okay honey? Are you sick?"

I cannot help but feel happy, but then this is only temporary.

Most of the times, when Vince is being demanded by work, by Katherine, or by others, then he will be with them, caring for them, being with them.

While I, I will be all alone, just like the past weeks, holding my own hair, controlling my weakening knees, cleaning myself up.

I gargled some mouthwash. Vince had a tissue ready, he carefully damped the tissue over my lips then removed the tears that formed over my eyes.

"Are you okay? Do you want us to go over the city? Do you need a doctor?" He worriedly asked.

I shook my head and headed over the living room. He silently walked after me, sitting beside me.

"Honey..."

"I'm pregnant. Seven weeks." I immediately said, not wanting to take time anymore.