"Why are you leaving me?" I sobbed as we continue going down.

He nodded over the guards and they all walked away. He settled me over the long couch and I hugged him. "Monique calm down..."

I sobbed, "and you are not calling me honey. Y-you a-are leaving a-and you a-are not calling me honey." I cried. "Y-you don't love me anymore!"

He caressed my back and I hugged him more, afraid that he will leave me soon. "Honey, you have to stop crying, it will be bad for our baby..."

"And you think when you leave it will not be bad for Valerie Maegan?! It will! What if you cannot come back? What if you die?"

He held my face and wiped my tears away. "Shh. Honey, inhale...exhale. You have to calm down okay? This is stressing you."

"You always stress me out!" I pouted.

He smiled and descended his face on mine.

But he stopped, like he remembered something, like he hesitated.

He sighed and before he can look away I said, "I love you."

He froze, absorbing what I said.

He's a sober, I know.

I reached for his lips, wanting to feel it against mine. It was a short kiss, but meant a lot.

It meant everything.

He did not close his eyes, when our lips separated I looked at him and started to say what I had to, what I should have said when I arrived.

"I did not sign the divorce papers. I do not want divorce. "

"You did not..."

I nodded. He smiled and wipe my tears away before kissing the tip of my nose. "Stop crying honey. That's bad for Valerie Maegan. We have to talk but you have to stop crying honey. I don't want something bad to happen to our baby."

Our baby.

I nodded at him and hugged him again, my head over his chest, as he kiss my hair.

We settled on our room, I was still sniffing but stopped myself from crying.

"W-will you not leave me?" I hiccuped.

"No honey. Unless you sign the divorce papers then I will leave you..."

"Then I will tear it into pieces and burn it!" I said as I hiccup.

He smiled and gave me a peck on the lips.

"Sorry. Sorry if I chose Katherine over you. I know you've been mourning for dad's lost but I chose to be another person's shoulder to cry on. I got afraid that if I will not save her she would die..."

"She's been in danger, she was followed by Lyra, a once foster child that Duke Henri had once an affair. She wanted revenge. She was ready to kill, to do everything she can to destroy them, she was aiming on death of Katherine..."

"But Alexander was fast, he needed my help for us not to lost track on Katherine, I needed to tame her... But as I was doing that, I did not know I was letting you go. Sorry for letting you go honey..."

"And you kept on hurting me! Today you were leaving me and I do not know where you are going! It's raining hard and the waves are high! W-what if you die?" I swallowed the lump on my throat.