Niall Tonsillitis

Start from the beginning

"Y/N," he tried to say.

"Shh, don't talk. It's alright baby. You've got to have strep." He nodded. He groaned a little and laid down putting him arm around his stomach. "You ok,"

"Stomach," he said.

"Lets go lay in bed," you suggested. He nodded. You both got up and went into the bedroom. He laid down and cuddled into him. He was defiantly warm. You rubbed his side until he fell asleep. He slept the rest of that afternoon. You didn't understand where this came from so quickly. You pulled out your phone and called Harry.

"Hello?" Harry said at the other end.

"Hey Haz, how are you?"

"Good, good. You ok?"

"Well I am, can't say the same about Niall."

"What going on?"

"He's got this terrible sore throat."

"Still?" You paused.

"Still? How long has he had it?"

"He started complaining about it a week or so ago. We weren't really letting him sing. Thought some rest at home would make it better."

"He can't even eat, Hazza." There was a pause.

"That's not good."

"I'm taking him to the doctor tomorrow."

"Probably a good call."

"Alright thanks Haz," You sighed.

"You need anything?"

"No I don't think so, thanks pal."

"Call if you need anything."

"I will, I'll let you go."

"Alright, give Niall my best."

"I will, bye Haz."

"Bye love." You hung up the phone and sighed knowing Niall was really sick. You looked at the clock and saw it was almost 8:00. You hadn't eaten all day. You made yourself a sandwich and ate it before going back in with Niall. He opened his eyes when you walked in.

"Hey buddy. How you doing?" you asked softly. He couched and his face twisted into a pained expression. "Aww buddy. I'll get you some more medicine." You left and got him some medicine and water. You came back and handed it to him. He tried to swallow them but ended up gagging them back up. He spit them out in his hand and looked up at you. "Open your mouth." You looked in his mouth. His tonsils were more swollen then they were earlier. "Oh baby," you whispered. Tears streamed down his face. "I'm so sorry," you said. He tried to swallow the pills again. He gagged but he was able to get them down.

"What time is the doctor's appointment?" he asked barely audible.

"8:00," you told him. He nodded. You crawled into bed with him. He cuddled into you putting his head on your chest. You rubbed his back. "We'll get you fixed up," you whispered. He cried burying his head in your neck.

"Hurts," he managed to say.

"I know baby. I know," you whispered. You held him until he calmed down and fell asleep.

The next morning you both made your way to the doctor. He looked Niall over checking his throat and took a swab for a strep test.

"Well Mr. Horan, I don't think it's strep. I think its tonsillitis," The doctor said. Niall's eyes got wide. "I think we're going to have to take them out." Niall panicked.

"My voice," he tried to say.

"The operation shouldn't affect your voice, Mr. Horan. We need to get them out. We can get you in today." Niall looked over at you and grabbed your hand.

"It'll be ok Ni," You reassured him.

"It's a very simple operation. Don't worry," the doctor said. A few hours later they took Niall back for surgery. The other boys had come down to sit with you during Niall's operation. You all wait patiently for the doctors to come back. About an hour later they did.

"Horan," a nurse called. You all jumped up. "It went very well, I'll have to take it easy for about a week. He should be able to sing again by then as well," she explained. You all let out sigh of relief. "He should wake up soon. You can take him home when he's fully awake." You thanked the nurse and went back to sit with Niall. He woke up after a while and looked around at you.

"Hey buddy," You smiled.

"Hey princess," he whispered.

"How you feeing mate?" Louis asked.

"Bit sore," he replied.

"Take it easy, we're all gonna take care of you," Harry told him. Liam agreed. Niall smiled.

"Thanks," he said softly.

"Let's get you home," you said. You guys took him home and he took it easy for a week just like he was told. He was feeling much better by the end of the week. He went into the studio with the boys extremely nervous about how he would sound. The music started for Where do Broken Hearts Go and he started his solo.

"Counted all my mistakes and there's only one..." he sounded incredible. "Standing out from the list of the things I've done..." He sounded better than before. All the guys smiled. "All the rest of my crimes don't come close, to the look on your face when I let you go..." You smiled listening to him. "So I built you a house from a broken home, and I wrote you a song with the words you spoke, yeah it took me some time but I figured out..." Niall was grinning from ear to ear. "How to fix up at heart that I let down!" They sang through the chorus  then stopped. Niall was so happy and you were in tears. He came running out and grabbed you and hugged you.

"You sounded amazing," You squealed. He kissed you and smiled.

"Thanks for taking such good care of me," he smiled.

"Anything for you Nialler." You kissed him. The other boys came out and all shouted about how great Niall's voice sounded.

"I love you, Y/N," He smiled

"I love you too," You replied. You were with Niall for about another week before he had to leave again on tour. He was excited to get back out and sing and thanked you again for taking such good care of him.