Chapter Seven: The Flight

I had never been on a plane before, so it was quite nerve wracking for me. To take my mind off of things I wanted to do one thing- find some food and eat. I had survived the take off, so I needed to reward myself and feed the monster growling inside my stomach.

Dmitri sat next to me, to keep me calm. I turned my head to look at him and the sight made my heart melt. He was fast asleep, he was exhausted. I don't think he had gotten much sleep since we've been on the run. Leaving sleeping beauty, I unbuckled my seatbelt and began my mission to satisfy the growing need for food.

Christian was the pilot so I would have to find something to eat on my own. I walked to the back of the plane to begin my search. There were three doors to choose from. I decided I would pick the second door. I reached for the handle and twisted the knob. The door came open swiftly, and to my disappointment there wasn't anything edible in the room. The only thing that was in there was a king sized bed and a large black briefcase. I am a very curious person, so it was inevitable that I was going to see what was in it. I slowly creeped into the room and quickly opened the mysterious briefcase.

It was filled with money. There was easily one million dollars. "Oh my god......" I gasped. Why am I so nosey? I'm sure there is a good explanation as to why Christian has so much money. I should really learn to mind my own business and not go snooping around where I shouldn't be.... Before I could think any more about it I quickly shut the briefcase, put it back into place and hurriedly left the room.

---------------------------------------------

I eventually found a fridge and decided to make myself a sandwich. I made Dmitri one too, for when he woke up from his beauty sleep. I made my way back to my seat, to see Dmitri still fast asleep. It brought a smile to my face and butterflies in my stomach. God he's beautiful.... I had never known someone as attractive as this man, and I've never had such a want for someone as I do for him. My entire body was consumed with the desire for his touch, for his kiss, for him.

While these thoughts swirled through my mind Dmitri's eyes finally flickered open. His eyes always captivated me, his entire body never failed to disappoint me. It was always amazing to gaze at. "Good morning, sleepy head," I chirped.

"Good morning Lila," he chuckled. Oh my, his sleepy voice is going to be the end of me....

"I- um- hope you like ham.... I made you a sandwich," I stuttered.

" I love ham. Thank you so much," Dmitri thanked me.

"You're welcome," I smiled. "It has lettuce, tomatoes, pickles, cheese, mustard and mayo."

"Oh my... I didn't even have to sleep with you and you made me a gourmet sandwich," he winked.

I instantly turned bright red and chuckled nervously.

"Oh look at that blush. You are just the cutest little thing," he teased.

"Shut up... I am not cute."

Suddenly, I saw an expression cross Dmitri's face that I had never saw before. Was it sadness? Shock?

"Oh Lila..." His thick Scottish accent was making me want him even more.

"You have no idea how beautiful you are do you?" He slowly brought his large hand towards my face, and caressed my face. "You," he inched his face closer to me. "Are," he got closer. "Beautiful," he whispered in my ear.

I hadn't realized I was holding my breath. Dmitri was just inches from me, and every inch of my body was aching for him to kiss me. He had moved his head from my ear, and was now gazing into my eyes. Just then, he closed his eyes and leaned in. Just as our lips were about to touch, the plane jerked and our heads smashed together instead.

"Ow!" We both yelped. Well that sure killed the mood. Thanks a lot Christian! You totally just messed up what could've been a hot make out session with the most gorgeous man I've ever laid eyes on! I silently scolded the pilot. As I rubbed my head, which would no doubt become a huge goose egg, Dmitri quickly jumped to his feet.

"Where are you going?" I questioned.

"I'm going to see what the fuck is going on. We shouldn't be hitting rough patches like that. I'll be back in a minute.

"Okay... I'll go get us some ice."

"No!" Stay here and put on your seatbelt." Before I could do as he said he rushed towards me and buckled my seatbelt for me, checking to see if it was tight enough as well.

"Now stay put... I'll be back." He commanded me.

"Okay...." I sighed. He is such a control freak.

I waited patiently for Dmitri to return, but when he didn't I began to worry. Not to mention the plane was continuously jerking all over. Ignoring Dmitri's wishes I quickly unclasped the seatbelt and dashed to my feet.

I made my way to the front of the plane, falling multiple times. When I reached Christian and Dmitri I was horrified. Dmitri was on the floor, blood seeping from his abdomen. Instantly I began to panic.
"Dmitri!" I cried.

To make matters worse, Christian was also on the floor, a pool of blood surrounding him, with no one flying the plane.

"Lila....." Dmitri coughed. I need you to help me get to the seat to fly the plane." I quickly agreed and helped him up. He began to avert the plane.

"Listen to me Lila, you need to go get the first aid kit and two parachutes at the back of the plane. We are going to crash and that is our only chance of survival."

I didn't argue, I ran to the back of the plane and collected all the supplies. I then helped Dmitri put on the parachute and put on mine as well. We then made our way to jump either our deaths, or our survival.

I clung to the first aid kit for dear life.
"This is it Lila. At the count of three you have to jump. Okay?"

"Alright."

"One...." He counted.

"Two....."

"Three!" We jumped from the plane.