Chapter Four: Le Adducis

"Wow.. Your home is extravagant!"

"Grazie Lila." Annamaria had shown me her entire home, and it really was beautiful. It took us about ten or fifteen minutes to walk the entire area of the house. We were both thirsty so we travelled back to the kitchen to get something to drink. I raised my cup of orange punch(my favourite) to my mouth then took a sip.

"I'm really sorry about my arrogant brother. He's such a-"

"Pleasure to have?" Alonzo interrupted. We both turned to see Alonzo standing in the doorway. He was like a ninja, sneaking up on us.

"No, a-"

"Gift from Dio?" He grinned, while Annamaria let out a big sigh.

"Va via Alonzo! Va via!" This only made him smile more.

"Aw, why do you have to be so mean Anna?" He teased.

"Why do you have to be so annoying? She argued.

"I'm not- Ow!" A hand smacked Alonzo over the head. "Madre!" He cried.

"Figlio!" A few snickers were heard from the living room, as well as a chuckle from Anna. "Leave Annamaria and Lila alone! Go to the basement, your room, anywhere but here."

"But-" He argued.

"No buts. Go. Now."

"Bene, Madre." He started to leave, but turned once more to scowl at Anna." This earned him another smack. "Ow! Madre!"

"Well stop making faces at Anna and I wouldn't have to do that. Now go." She booted him in the butt, which caused him to grunt, and mumble something under his breath.

"What was that Alonzo?" Paola looked irritated.

"Niente, Madre." Alonzo made his way to the living room, where Dmitri and his father were sitting. I heard Dmitri laughing. "When will you ever learn Alonzo?" Dmitri received a grunt in response.

"So Lila," Paola strode over to where Anna and I were sitting. "Isn't my son charming?" She said with a laugh.

"Yeah." Prince Charming I'd say." This got a laugh out of both of them.

"Well he sure is a handful, trust me."

"That's why we have you to put him in his place Madre."

"Yeah, that's what I'm here for."

She turned her gaze to Dmitri, who was in a deep conversation with the two men. "Isn't he just gorgeous?"

"I, uh-"

"It's okay if you think he is Lila. Madre even thinks so."

"That I do," she confirmed.

"Alright fine," I admitted. He really is." I averted my gaze back to Dmitri, hoping to get a quick look at him without him noticing. But with my luck, that didn't happen. His green eyes lingered on me. We stared at each other. Just as I was about to look away, Dmitri winked at me. I quickly looked away, embarrassed.

When I looked back up, Paola and Annamaria were looking at me with a questioning look on their faces.

"W-what?" I asked. They smiled.

"Oh, nothing."

"Anna, why don't you take Lila up to your room-"

"What? Why?" I interrupted.

"Aren't you tired?" A confused look washed up on her face.

"Oh. Yeah." I hadn't even realized I was tired until she mentioned it. A yawn escaped my lips. She grinned at me. "Well off you go."