"I am not your sister!" Angelica hissed. "Don't even think about calling me that."

I snorted a laugh. "Whatever you say, sis."

"Don't call me that!" Angelica practically screamed as she stood up, forcing the chair back. "I am not your sister! I am not like you."

"You're damn skippy about that." I retorted, rolling my eyes.

"I don't know what you did to Daddy, but Mum and I are going to fix him and you." Angelica stormed out of the dining room fuming.

I ran my hand through my hair. Was I ready for this? This was going to be an uphill battle with these two against me. I didn't know what I was getting into, but I was sure that this was going to be messy and these two were going to be out for blood. I flopped myself into a seat and pulled my legs up to my chest in the chair. I wrapped my arms around them and rested my head on my knees. Mom, give me the strength to do this, I prayed. I sat at the dining table alone and realized that this was really how it had always been. It was always an uphill battle I chose. I always managed to put myself behind the eight ball and sometimes I lost, but usually I found a way. I decided if I was going to do this, I needed all the help I could get. I got up and left. I wandered around until I found an exit and went back down to the stables.

Something about horses just calmed me and made me happy. When I was younger, Mom, being a single Mom couldn't afford everything, but I found a way. I used to volunteer at a horse ranch, and in exchange for my work, they would let me ride for free. I did that until I got thrown and got hurt. Mom and the ranch came to an understanding, and I wasn't allowed to go back. I snuck into the barn and the horses started prancing in place. They didn't recognize my smell, they just knew I wasn't supposed to be here. "Easy there," I soothed. I made my way to the first stall and a painted mare was in with her colt. The colt was jet black and he was going to be a feisty one when he grew up. He pranced up to the window where I was and let me pet him. He was an affectionate little one. I felt myself smile. I made my way through the stables watching all of the horses and trying to get a feel for them.

"You're not supposed to be in here." I froze, then spun around to see Ben leaning against to door frame, a smirk across his lips.

"I got lost?" I shrugged waltzing over to him.

"Lost are we? You looked right at home."

"I've always loved horses. They've always made me feel calmer." I admitted.

"Is something the matter?"

I looked at Ben and shook my head. "Just a lot to take in."

"Word on the grounds is that you are Master Eastgate's daughter."

"Is that what they're saying?"

"Are you?"

I shrugged. "Maybe."

Ben was looking into my eyes, searching my face for something. "Other than your eyes, I'd say you're a spitting image."

I looked down. "I don't know what I'm doing here." I admitted and looked him in the eye.

He shrugged. "The only one who can tell you that is you." I nodded. I already knew that. "But I can show you a little bit of what's around here if you like."

I looked up at Ben and smiled. "That would be lovely."

Ben led me through his chores and he was surprisingly easy to talk to. He told me a lot about James, and Millie, and Angelica. He showed me a little more of the grounds, and when he was finished with his daily chores, he offered to take me around the grounds on horseback. I happily accepted. Somehow we ended up at the lake and were sitting on the little dock.