Chapter 9 - Coward or not

Start from the beginning

"First pair. Luke, Isaac." Four announce and my chest tighten even further. I had already found my match brutal, but Luke would have to go up against Isaac. Four's voice was ruff and sounded quite unhappy with this. I allowed my attention to shift back to him as Luke and Isaac both get up onto the mat, ready for the match.

The entire room drop two degrees as the two stares at each other. Both Luke and Isaac raise their arms up protectively, waiting for the moment the other would make the first move. "Go!" Eric groaned when they stalled and Isaac took the first swing.

It misses Luke, who narrowly managed to move away from the long arm and the punch Isaac threw at him. Roxy's hands suddenly wrap around my lower arm as Luke takes the next swing but Isaac blocks it, catching Luke's arm in an iron grip, then sending a kick towards his abdomen.

This makes Luke lose all the air in his lungs as the kick finds its target. I hear the oof sound when all the air is forcefully removed form his lungs. Roxy dig her nails into my skin, the strength not enough to draw blood but enough to leave behind some of the funny looking crescent shaped dents. Then Luke is quick enough to throw his elbow at Isaac. I hear the crunch when his nose probably breaks, blood spatter on the mat and Luke is out of Isaac's iron grip.

The hit was the only one Isaac would let through his defense before he continue to come at Luke with even more anger. Throwing punch after punch at Luke, who try to keep up. One punch slip through Luke's defense and sends him face first into the mat.

I must cover my mouth to hide the sound of the gasp that leaves me. Luckily Luke quickly regain himself and get back up onto the mat, barely avoiding the next swing from Isaac before wrapping his arms around his torso. The air now leaves Isaac's lungs as Luke push with all his strength, sending Isaac straight onto the mat.

Luke gets back up again and sends a kick towards Isaac still on the ground. Unfortunately, Isaac's been waiting for it, and he blocks the kick, holding Luke's ankle fast while his nails dig into Luke's heel. The angry sound that leave the pair, makes me completely sure of how much these two people hate each other.

In the next second, I was unsure of what would happen as Isaac continue to hold Luke's ankle. But then Isaac yanks the ankle out from underneath Luke which makes him stumble. Luke is forced down onto his back right next to Isaac, who is already halfway up onto his feet again.

Then Isaac let himself fall again, readying an elbow at Luke's ribs. I hear the sickly crack before the painful scream that escapes Luke. In that moment I was certain he had broken at least one rib, if not, had he at least bend a few of them. Isaac smirked evilly as he gets back up onto his feet, drying some of the still flowing blood away from his broken nose before he looks to Eric.

Luke had curled up on the mattress, wrapping his arms around his chest while raising his knees up. He's clearly in pain and it pains me to watch him lie there. Satisfied with the fight, Eric ends it, announcing Isaac as the winner before Four quietly get Luke back up onto his feet, supporting him while quickly guiding him out of the training room.

Then Eric announces the next match, but I am too preoccupied with Luke as he leaves the training room to listen to who it was next. It wasn't until Roxy nudges an elbow into my ribs. Ready to snap angrily at her, my head turn her way, my hand covering the now sore spot she had hit. "It's you against Sophia." She whispered and pointed to the mat.

Sophia is already there, and ready for me. My chest constrict and almost no air gets down. It's really hard to breathe as I slip out of my shoes and sweatshirt. I approach Sophia, dressed only in a pair of black pants and a tank top. It was less clothes for her to grab onto, which I clearly remembered how much she liked to do. I had already broken a few shirts this way.