Chapter 15.

I came back home and was greeted by my mom who looked somewhat happy.

I smiled, "Aj kiya baat hai? Itni khush?" I asked and placed my bag down.

"Hamne tumhara rishta pakka kar diya hai." Dad spoke up, my smiled turned into a frown as I looked at them, hoping that they will laugh and say that they're joking any minute, but they didn't.

"Ap-Kis se?" I spoke, I wasn't ready for this. I'm only 21 and they're planning my wedding.

"There is a guy, buhat acha hai. Achi family se belong karta hai. I'm sure you'll like him." Mom smiled.

"But mom I-itni jaldi kiya thi?" I said stunned at their sudden plan without asking me.

"Aray nahi, abhi thoray din hain, date rakhi nahi hai abhi." She said.

"Magar mom, you should've asked me once." I looked at her.

"Pasand ayega tumhain larka, ab kamray main jao apnay." Dad spoke his voice stern.

I looked down and nodded,

"Uska naam tou bata dain." I said, about to leave.

"Farhan Shah."

I ran towards my room, tears ready to spill any minute from my eyes.

I opened the door with a lot of force, taking my anger out on it.

How can they do this? Mujhse pucha tak nahi! I'm not ready to get married.

I cried my eyes out sitting on my bed, my knees pressed to my stomach.

"Zarish? Are you-are you crying?" Maria barged into my room and rushed towards me.

I shook my head and tried to wipe my tears away, but new replaced them.

"Ma-maria I-I don't want to get ma-married right now." I spoke, looking at her. She looked down, she knew that she can't do anything about it.

"I saw Farhan, he's a sweet guy Zarish, I'm sure you'll like him." She whispered.

"It's not about him Maria! I wanted to spend my life with the person I wanted. This is just too early for me. Mujhe abhi agay parhna hai Maria." I wiped my tears, looking away.

She'll take their side too, I know.

"You will, parho gi tum agay, bus nikah hi tou karna hai. They will allow you to study." She kept her hand on my cheek.

"Bas nikah? Yeah right, sirf nikah hi tou hai." I retorted sarcastically. Maria looked down, out of words.

"Zarish I-I"

"No, no need to say anything. I know you can't do anything in this. And I can't too. I can't say a 'NO' to my parents." I shook my head and looked down.

"Kaheen bahar chalain?" I asked her trying to sound joyful.

I have to accept it, I can't change anything. Shayad acha hi ho Farhan.

Hussain's p.o.v:

I'm having this uneasy feeling inside me for a while.