Chapter 23.

I opened my eyes to see the door of my room wide open, I don't remember opening it or somebody entering the room.

I squinted my eyes and looked around to find nobody near, slowly but carefully I got out of my bed and took quiet steps towards the door, making sure to not make a single sound.

As much as I was scared to do anything, I wanted to get out of this place. It gave me chills, although it wasn't that typical basement where the kidnapper keeps it's victims and eventually kill them.

I knew Hussain isn't like them, he's different and he will never try to do anything with me, but what he did was scary enough to not trust him too much.

I looked around to see not a single person in the hallway, my heart rate picked up it's pace as I stepped out of my room.

If I get caught, they'll probably keep me tied to a chair all my life so that I don't escape, heck, I don't even know why Hussain did this to me?

I bit my lower lip and tiptoed towards a big door which I think is supposed to be the main door leading out of this house.

I looked around to check again and took a sigh of relief as I saw nobody, With shaky hands I took hold of the door handle and turned it around.

It made a squeaky noise making me shiver, please don't let me be in a horror movie, I hate them as much as I love them.

I've got this weird feelings for horror stuff, I love to watch horror movies but after watching them I get so scared that-

No, Zarish! Snap out of this shit!

The door slowly opened as I saw a huge gate in front of me again.

I shook my head as I looked at it, worried as to how I'll ever be able to get through this.

Inko bhi itnay sara daewazay laganay ki kiya zaroorat thi?

Konsa koi chor ajayega yahan!

I rubbed my hands and took a firm grip on the rods of the door.

Chal Zarish, kaam pe lag ja.

I climbed up the door, well tried to climb up but I was never a sporty type of girl and got tired a little too quickly.

I took deep breathes and continued to climb and at last, I was at the top of the door, a smile crept to my face as I looked down, ready to jump.

On the count of three, I jumped down landing on my feet, let's just say that I was quiet impressed with myself right now.

I quickly ran nowhere and ended up in a forest?

I looked around me to find trees and grass on all the four sides, I kept panting for a while, my throat dry from all the running.

Wow Zarish, at least pani tou rakh leti saath main!

Suddenly I heard something behind me, my eyes widened but I didn't dare look back.

What if it's an animal?

A serial killer? No! They mustn't be here. It could be a psycho killer or worse, Cannibal. I heard that they're mostly in forests.

Is se acha tou tha ke waheen rehti, at least safe to rehti!

"Turn around." I heard a strong voice which felt familiar, I gulped down the lump in my throat as I slowly turned around to see none other than Hussain Asif.

I took a sigh of relief as I saw him.

"What are you doing here?" Anger dripped out of his voice making me more scared than before.

Is se acha tha ke koi janwar hi hota, nahi Zarish! Agar hota tou tu abhi tak Allah ko pyaari bhi ho chuki hoti.

Hussain hi sahi hai abhi.

I quickly ran in other direction not wanting to face his angry side, cause he has anger issues and maybe, just maybe he kill me. And I don't want to die now! I'm just 21, for gods sake!

"Zarish! Ruko!" I heard him running behind me, his footsteps getting closer, I cursed him and his long legs as I tried my best to run as fast a I can.

Suddenly I felt his arms wrap around my waist as he stopped me from moving any further.

"Kiya kar rahi ho tum yahan?" His voice scared the hell out of me as his rough breathes fanned my neck, giving me weird tingly feeling which I shouldn't be feeling at this moment.

He roughly turned me around to face him, "bolo! Pagal tou nahi hogai hou tum!? There are wild animals here! Main na hota tou tumhain kuch hojata!" He shouted in anger as his grip on my wrist tightened.

I stood there confused, he wasn't angry because I ran away, he was worried about me. This isn't what I expected.

I flinched a little as my wrists started to hurt a little more, he quickly looked down and loosened his grip. Guilt washed over his face as he examined my wrists to see them red.

"I-I-sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." He whispered as his gaze shifted from my wrist to my face. I rolled my tongue over my lips as I nodded, giving him a weak smile assuring him that it's okay.

No word left my mouth because he and his actions left me speechless.

"Wapis chalo ab." His voice was much softer now as he carefully entwined his fingers with mine waking up the butterflies in me.

Why is he doing this?

Why?