Chapter 26.

"What the hell?" I heard Hussain shake me out of my thoughts as I looked at the scene in front of me in horror and shock.

I felt myself going weak as my knees started to shake and before I could hold onto something I fell down on the hard concrete floor.

I blacked out and all I heard was his worried voice calling my name but I was too weak to wake up, I was always too weak.

--

I woke up to see that I was lying in a bed and the room looked familiar, after a while of coming back to my senses I realized that I was back home and memories rushed back in my mind as my breathing started to speed up.

I quickly got up feeling uneasy and looked around to find anybody to help me save him, but there wasn't anyone here who would save him, save me.

The door lightly opened as I sat still, not wanting to see anyone right now, I looked up to see Maria standing there with guilt and disappointment on her face as she sat down next to me.

"They've arrested him." She spoke surprising me at how rough her voice was, her eyes puffed as she fisted her hands.

"Isn't that a good thing? Tum log tou yahi chahtay hou na?" I weakly smiled as something inside me broke that it was all real, he really was gone.

She shook her head lightly and turned towards me,"I was awake that night, I knew what was about to happen and all of that happened cause I wanted you to live your life rather than going to Farhan. I saw the love in your eyes for Hussain which you kept on denying and-and all I wanted was to help you but-but everything is falling down, I was too blind to see what's coming.I didn't think of the consequences." She looked down as guilt built up in her eyes.

"You-you did all this?" My voice came out in a whisper as I looked at her in disbelief, she weakly nodded.

I suddenly had the urge to hug her and I did, as tears flowed out of my eyes.

"Thank you Maria." I whimpered as she lightly rubbed my back.

"I don't deserve this thank you, Zarish. I destroyed everything.I turned everything upside down" She sniffed as I felt my shirt getting wet.

"You didn't, it was written Maria, we can't change what's already written." I wiped off her tears and looked down, not knowing what will happen now.

"They'll force you into this marriage Zarish, they've planned all of this." Her voice was weak as she lightly gave my hand a little squeeze.

I looked up, coming back to reality, "who?"

"You're parents, Farhan. They told the police and-and they'll force you to marry him."

I nodded and gave a weak smile, "I know."

"Maria! Idher ao foran!" I heard my khala shout as she lightly jerked at the loud voice and looked at me mouthing a 'sorry' she got up and left.

I've decided what I'm going to do, it sure is dangerous but anything for the ones I love.

--

"Zarish? Kahan thi tum beta?" My mom kept her hand over my shoulder making me shiver a bit, but I didn't say anything.

I looked up at her as I only saw concern in her eyes.

How could she hide feelings from me? 

Heck, I didn't even know if this concern was real of made up

I gulped the lump in my throat and spoke my next words weakly.

"What if-what if I say that I don't want to marry Farhan?"

Her eye brows furrowed as she looked at me, "Kia-kiya matlab tumhara?" Her voice was becoming strong after every words.

I rolled my tongue over my lips, "Nahi karni mujhe Farhan se shaadi."

"Magar kiyun?"

"Muhabbat karti hoon main Hussain se!" I whispered and right after I completed my sentence, I felt sharp pain on my right cheek as I stared at her in horror, as I realized that she slapped me.

"Pagal tou nahi hogai ho tum!" She shouted making me flinch at her tone.

"Haan-haan hogai hoon pagal main! Pyaar main pagal hogai hoon uskay!" I tried to sound confident but failed.

She held my arms tightly, digging her fingers in my skin as I flinched.

"Aj. Ke. Baad. Aisa. Nahi. Bologi. Tum. Kisi se bhi nahi! Samjhi?" She gritted her teeth and spoke every word loud and clear, jerking me at the end as I stared at her.

I've never seen this side of her before, And she was scaring me by all of this. The hatred and anger for me in her eyes, broke me even more than I already am.

She was my last hope and I lost it too, now all I can do is what I thought I would never do, which is too dangerous for me, for everyone I know.

I nodded weakly as her grip on my arm loosened and I lightly rubbed my arm which might get bruises on it after a while.

"You're marrying Farhan and that's my- that's our final decision." She spoke loudly, not looking at me once even.