Chapter 16.

"Tou mana kardo." Hussain spoke in a hushed tone, I looked up at him. The same emotion came back in his eyes, which I saw in the start.

"Nahi kar sakti, I can't say a 'NO' to my parents, I-I'm scared Hussain. I haven't even seen this Farhan guy, baat tou door ki baat hai." I spoke, "Khair, I'm going. Will see you tomorrow at school?"

He nodded, lost in his thoughts.

I put my hands on his shoulder and felt him shiver under my touch. He suddenly looked up at me, "I'll be fine, don't worry about me." I tried my best to smile. He weakly nodded. I never thought he would react this way, I thought he will make fun of me. Joke about all of this, but his reaction was completely different.

I let go of him and walked out of the shop with Maria, she kept quiet all the time.

We sat in the car without any word exchanged.

"I was right." Maria suddenly said out of the blue.

"What?" I looked at her confused.

She shook her head, "Nahi, kuch nahi" I didn't ask her more about it. There was already so much on my mind.

--

"Beta aj ayega Farhan aur uske ghar wale." Mom said while we sat at the table to eat.

I quickly looked up at her.

"Tayyar hojana."

"Tayyar kiyun ammi?"

"Aray tumse milne a rahay hain voh log!" She rolled her eyes a bit and spoke up.

I slowly nodded, not wanting to eat anymore.

Ya khuda, yeh Farhan larka acha ho.

After finishing up my food, I ran to my room. I stared at myself for a minute. I took out a blue kameez and white shalwaar to wear for today.

I sat down after getting ready, my hair tied up on a high ponytail. There was a knock on the door and somebody opened it. I heard people greeting each other.

"Zarish!" I heard my mom call my name. I quickly stood up and walked out of my room.

I stopped when I saw him and his parents.

"Jee ami?" I asked, looking at her for a while and then turning my gaze back to the guy sitting in front of me.

Dekhnay main tou shareef lag raha hai, handsome bhi hai.

But there is something off about him.

"Idher ao beti." His mom called me patting the space on the sofa next to her.

I sat down, "Kitni pyaari hai meri beti." She spoke in her sickly sweet voice.

Makhan tou dekho, aunty ghar ke liye bhi thora bacha lijiye ga.

She kept on talking about anything, aur beech beech main sabko aur thoray makhan lagaye.

I felt someone's gaze on me, I looked up to see Farhan looking at me. He was smiling, I quickly looked down.

"The hell?!" I mumbled to myself.

"Kuch bola apnay beta?" His mom spoke looking at me, I looked up at her faked a smiled, "jee nahi tou." My voice was sweet, and polite.

Nahi ho pa raha yeh natak mujhse ammi ji! Kahan phasa diya apnay mujhe!

Finally they went away, I kind of liked their family but shuru main tou sab hi achay hotay hain.

I ran up to my room and shut it forcefully.

Maria sat on her bed, applying nail polish on her toes, I raised an eyebrow and looked at her.

"How are they?" She asked putting her nail polish away.

"Fine, I mean I didn't talk to Farhan so I don't know about him." I shrugged and pulled out my books to complete my homework.

"What? You didn't?" She yelled looking wide eyed at me.

"You know my parents Maria, they're highly against these type of stuff." I rolled my eyes, and shifted my gaze back to the book.

My mobile ringed. I looked at the caller ID

Hussain

I picked it up and heard his loud breathes, he was panting.

"Hi?" My voice came out my like a question rather than a statement.

He cleared his throat, "Hey! Tou um... Aj mili tum?" His voice wasn't the usually chirpy and happy one.

"Yeah, but tumhain kiya hua?" Concern filled in my voice.

"Kaisay thay?" He ignored my question.

"Theek hi thay, I never really talked to Farhan. I just saw him." I spoke, I heard a voice at the back.

"Yeh awaz kaisi?"

"Did you like him? How was he?" Hussain bombarded me with questions, I raised my eyebrows and took a deep breathe.

"He was fine Hussain."

"Washebetterthanme?" He mumbled under his breathe but I heard him.

"What?"

"Nothing, I have to go. Bye" he cut the call without waiting for my reply.

Why is he acting so strange?

I looked over at Maria who was lost in her thoughts, my eyes felt heavy and I lied down on my bed. No wanting to ask or listen to any more of this, I drifted off to sleep.

--

Alright, so I took Farhan Shah as Feroze khan, cause he's hot lmao xD