Chapter 31

"So, are you two a thing now?" I asked Kellin, nudging him playfully in the side as we walked out of school campus. It was the day of Christmas Eve, and we were all more than happy that our exams were over and that and a week or two of holidays had started.

"Sorta..." Kellin muttered shyly.

"Sorta?" I repeated skeptically. "Do I need to repeat what I heard you moan in my brother's bedroom a few nights ago?"

A mad blush instantly took over his face. "It's... whatever."

I giggled softly. Making Kellin uncomfortable was hilarious. He was one of my best friends, so I honestly couldn't help myself. But if they really were a thing, then I was more than happy for the both of them. And perhaps if he came out, it would finally keep all the horny cheerleaders at bay for once. Especially Hillary.

"So what are all of you goodie-two-shoes doing for Christmas Eve?" Ronnie asked as we ran into a group of our fellow students.

"Oh you know, boring dinner with the family." I muttered lazily.

"Ah, your new family, I assume?" Andy pointed out. Apparently everyone was already aware of that little fact. With Oliver being around so often, it wouldn't surprise me if he had basically told everyone about it. Even though he didn't attend any sort of college, or even a job for that matter, he already had made a few friends around here.

"I might just go back to campus grounds if they annoy the fuck out of me though." I simply stated as I glanced over at Vic. He usually kept his distance when we were around others. He honestly didn't have to, but he did anyway. He smiled weakly in my direction for a moment, until Mike, Jaime and Tony who were yelling for him to get to the car caught his attention.

I wanted to go to him and say something- anything- like Merry Christmas or some shit... but I didn't. He didn't even look back at me as he made his way towards his friends. I sighed to myself and fiddled with the ends of my sleeves. I hated being so insecure.

"Hello? Earth to Chelsea!" Ronnie yelled, snapping his fingers in front of my face.

I snapped out of my thoughts and focused on him. "What?" I asked defensively.

He just rolled his eyes and sighed. "I said, we're gonna have a huge bonfire in the parking lot on New Year's Eve. Are you joining us?" He asked, slowly spelling out every word as if I was deaf and dumb.

"Depends." I muttered. "Who's gonna be there?"

"Me.. Biersack.. Vincent.. Carlile.. Ashby.. Hills.. Barham.. probably your brother too and... fuck I don't know who else, Chelsea, you're just gonna have to show up and see for yourself."

A bunch of guys playing with fire? Yeah there was an obvious and clear 'no' warning sign hanging above that idea. "I'll see." I simply said with a nod, to which Ronnie and Andy high-fived each other in victory.

Idiots. 

- - -

I really had not been looking forward to this Christmas family dinner thing. And the only reason why I hadn't walked away yet was because of Brendon being there. I constantly looked down at my phone, which was placed on my lap, hoping for a text or a call from Vic. But I got nothing. I figured he was just busy with his family. At least he had a nice one at that.

"Well eat up, there's more to come!" Carol, or my mother if you will, ushered happily, waving her hands around to the plates in front of all of us. She had been in the kitchen all day apparently, preparing all kinds of food. This whole thing was a big deal to her.