Chapter 41

It's almost coming to an end now!!! I promise I won't make y'all hate me... haha. I'll also be posting the first chapter to 'HILLS ASYLUM' today just because I feel like it... thanks again for sticking with me!

--------------------

"Thanks for wanting to help us out, Chelsea." Gabe, one of Kellin's band mates said to me. His whole band was at school today to do some recording in the cheap studio that we had. It wasn't all that great, but it was a good start for any band really.

"Especially since you're leaving soon." Kellin then added.

I just smiled a little and nodded.

I wasn't leaving though. I did go to New York to meet with Matty, but the longer I was there; the more I realized it wasn't where I wanted to be. It just wasn't where I belonged. The opportunity was great, but I just knew that I wasn't going to be happy in New York. I wanted to be here, with my friends, my family... however weird that last part may have sounded. It was the truth.

This shitty place was my home.

I hadn't told anyone yet though. Not even Oliver.

"Ah fuck, I forgot the tabs in my room." Justin then complained, setting his bass back down on the ground.

"I'll go get them for you." I said without thinking. Kellin looked at me curiously, but I didn't understand why, so I just smiled and left the cramped studio, heading for Justin's dorm room.

I was about to knock on the door, but stopped when I heard an acoustic guitar being played. "Were you honest when you said—'I could never leave your bed'—Wake me up and let me know you're alive." It was Vic. Right. Fuck. He lived in this room too. That's why Kellin looked at me that way. "And will you fall in love again?—Is the scent slowly spreading?—I've been answering machines all night..."

I just stood there for a moment and listened. He sounded a little sad and so did the lyrics. His voice was cracking here and there, but he still sounded pretty amazing. I always thought he had an amazing voice. There was something unique about it.

"The moment that's where I—Kill the conversation, wrap this up—With a lie that I'm enjoying every minute with myself... And she could make hell feel just like home—So I'm never... I'm never... Fuck, that's not it."

I took a deep breath and decided to just knock on the door already. "Door's open, come in." Vic answered. And for a moment I hesitated. The lyrics I had just heard made me want to run off and hide, but I couldn't.

I slowly put my hand on the door handle and clicked it open, stepping inside. Vic immediately looked up from his guitar. "Hey, I'm sorry for interrupting, I'm just here to pick up something for Justin." I spoke quickly.

Vic frowned and nodded. "It's fine, go ahead." He said quietly.

I walked up to the desk, which very obviously belonged to Justin, grabbed a small stack of written paper with what I recognized to be tabs scribbled on them, and headed for the door again. "Thanks." I simply said, not really looking back at Vic again.

"No problem. And... you weren't interrupting by the way." For some odd reason, that made me turn around. "So um, when are you like- leaving?" He asked kind of awkwardly.

I tightened my grip on the papers in my hand and finally looked at him. "I'm- I'm not." I whispered, noticing hardly any sound left my lips. Without another word from either of us, I left the room. I didn't even look to see his reaction, if he had even heard me at all. I closed the door behind me and sighed deeply. It felt like I hadn't taken a single breath while I was in there.