Chapter 14

pls don't hate me for what I've done in this chapter haha...

--------------------

"This is going great, Chels!" Kellin beamed excitedly. "Since you've been practicing every day, we definitely have a good chance of winning this." He seemed super excited, as he always did. It was kinda fun to see him this pleased, although I still wasn't looking forward to performing, at all. Wait, what did he just say?

"Practicing every day?" I repeated questioningly.

Kellin smiled at me and nodded while he scratched the back of his neck. "Yeah, Vic told me that you always sing in the shower. But only this song." I gulped and felt my cheeks flush. 

He was right; I did do that. Not even sure why. Did Vic seriously tell him that? Why did he even talk to Kellin about me? Probably to gossip or whatever...

"Good acoustics in there." I excused myself, feeling slightly embarrassed about the whole thing. I mean yeah, I knew that I sang in the shower, but I never thought that anyone else could hear that. Suppose it just wasn't something that I needed to think about back when I still had the room to myself.

"Hold on, what else has Vic told you?" I then asked as I narrowed my eyes at him, layering Vic's name with suspicion and disapproval.

That made Kellin laugh. "Not that much, really." He admitted while shrugging his shoulders. "He just finds it funny how you sometimes act like you hate him."

I arched an eyebrow and crossed my arms. "Funny, eh? I'll show him funny."

"I can tell you don't hate him." Kellin then stated after a moment of silence. "But if you do, you honestly should give him a chance. He's a good guy. He really helped me when—" He didn't finish his sentence though. What was he trying to get at here?

"When what?" I urged. If he didn't want me to know, he shouldn't have started this in the first place, right? 

Kellin looked at me like he had just made the biggest mistake of his life, but I wasn't gonna let him go anywhere without telling me. "Spill it, Quinn." I then told him.

He chuckled nervously and sighed, peaking up at me with his big green eyes that half hid behind his hair. "You know how I never react to all the girls on campus being all over me?" He simply asked.

I nodded knowingly. "Yeah, I always figured they weren't quite your type."

"Well that's an understatement." He mumbled below his breath, so I could hardly hear. He then took a moment as he fumbled around with the sleeves of his hoodie and looked back up at me, almost worried. "They- they aren't quite my... gender."

My jaw basically fell to the floor. "Oooh... Wait, mister I-make-girls-wet-with-the-mere-sound-of-my-voice is gay?!" I then exclaimed in shock, processing what he just told me.

He nodded silently. 

"In the beginning- when I wasn't sure- I swore that I had this thing for Vic, but he doesn't roll that way. He took it quite well though and helped me figure out a thing or two." His face then suddenly scrunched up as he looked at me. "Wait, I do what to girls?"

I couldn't help but to laugh at the look on his face. "Oh my god, Kellin Quinn, I could just kiss you right now. Knowing this is such a relief. Now if what's-her-face from cheer squad throws me a death glare I can just laugh to myself about how absolutely clueless and hopeless she is. Now I get what Vic meant when he said you couldn't stand her."

"Oh no, I genuinely can not stand Hillary. She is so irritating." The tone of his voice kinda made everything crystal clear now. Wow, who would've thought... the guy who everyone fell in love with was gay. Hayley would surely be pleased to hear that. He didn't more or less dismiss her for her, but for her gender. This was honestly way too amusing to me.

I decided to get up and pull Kellin into a hug. He still seemed just a bit uncomfortable about telling me, but I wasn't going to judge. "You're cool, Kells. And alright, Vic is pretty cool too, I guess."

Kellin chuckled and hugged me back. "If you had been a guy, I totally would've been into you, Chels." I simply rolled my eyes at his comment. Dork.

 We spent our remaining time practicing the song a few more times before leaving for lunch break.

"You... have been avoiding me." Andy suddenly pointed out as he jumped up beside me. I arched an eyebrow at him and merely kept walking on down the hall.

"No I haven't." I simply stated, not intending on letting the conversation go much further. Where would he get that idea? It wasn't like we ever hung out, so how was I supposed to be avoiding him?

As soon as I walked out the front doors of the school, Andy stepped in front of me and narrowed his eyes curiously. "Yes you have. I never see you around the bleachers anymore for a smoke- like ever."

"Maybe I found a different spot. Maybe I quit. What's it to you?" It was the latter. I had actually quit. Or at least, I'd been trying to. I hadn't smoked in about three days now and started chewing gum like a mad person.

I pushed myself past Andy and walked on past the parking lot. "So you're not avoiding me because of what happened at the party then?" I heard him ask as he started to follow me.

I rolled my eyes and picked up my walking pace. Seriously, what was his deal? Nothing even really happened at the party, I already knew that. "I'm not avoiding you." I simply confirmed, starting to get a little annoyed by his stalking behavior now.

"Okay, good. So will you go out with me then?" I stopped dead in my tracks and turned around with an obvious confused frown on my face. Andy had jumped onto a car and was casually lying on the hood posing and smirking like he was the man.

I snickered as I watched him for a moment. "Uh, no." I finally decided to answer him. "And you should probably get off that car, by the way." I added as I waved my finger at his display.

Andy arched an eyebrow and his smirk grew wider. "Why should I?"

I crossed my arms and grinned. "Because you're lying on Principal Francis's car. And something tells me that he doesn't quite appreciate that."

"Mister Andrew Biersack, get off my car this instant!" Principal Francis roared from about 20 feet further down the parking lot. The smirk on Andy's face instantly left his lips as he scrambled himself off the hood of the car.

I covered my mouth with my hand, trying to hold back most of my laughter as Principal Francis came up to Andy at a quick pace. "My car is not a tanning bed, mister Biersack." He then started in a calmer tone. "I hope detention will make you realize that."

"Detention? Are you serious?" Andy asked our principal in pure disbelief.

I simply busted out laughing and left the two behind as I made my way to the other side of the lot and finally arrived at the lunch table where I knew Hayley and Ashley would be. To my surprise, three others were there too; Alex, Jack and Chris. Well that was new. Ashley was buried into Chris' arms and Hayley was just chatting away with Alex and Jack. Though it somewhat confused me, I kinda liked this new thing.

"Hey there." I announced my presence to everyone. I was kindly greeted all around as I sat down beside Jack, quite reluctantly to be honest, and pulled out my lunch. "So you'll never guess what just happened." I then started, directing myself towards Ashley with a smirk.

The simple look on my face got her interested. "Do tell." She said in a most seductive way.

I laughed a little and looked back for a moment, watching Principal Francis escort Andy into the building again. "Biersack just asked me out, and he got into trouble with Francis for it." I said before looking back at her.

She started laughing wickedly and slammed her hand on the table. "Leave it up to someone like him to get into trouble for that." She blurted out.

I nodded and chuckled softly. 

Andy had asked me out. That was just fucking weird.