Chapter 19

So Mike didn't really explain to me what exactly it was with Vic on our camping trip, but it didn't really matter. We were all back at school again and things seemed to be going fine. I hadn't seen Andy for a few days and Vic was back to his normal self.

"Buenos dias, class." Mister Preciado greeted as everyone slowly piled into the classroom. "I assume you all had a nice week off, but now it's back to hard work."

I snickered a little as I sat down at the table near the window. Hard work, Spanish class? Yeah fucking right. This class wasn't much more than fucking around, and in my case, letting the Mexicans do my homework. Which this time, Tony had done for me. I knew I wasn't exactly going to pass my exams that way, but I just wasn't very good at this whole other language thing.

"I have an announcement to make." Mister Preciado then began. I looked up and noticed a boy standing next to him. I was a little surprised to see that the kid looked like a miniature copy of Mister Preciado. It was creepy. "Everyone, this is my son, Jaime. He's going to be your new classmate." He explained as he patted the kid's shoulder.

Well, that just basically explained everything.

"Fuck yeah, Hime-time!" Vic yelled with excitement as he clapped his hands. I looked back at him and Tony; both of them were quite excited about this Jaime kid being here. Seriously, did all Mexicans know each other around here?

"Go on son, you can have the empty seat next to the black-haired girl right there. Perhaps you can tutor her some since she's failing my class." I rolled my eyes and threw the Jaime kid a weak smile, trying to point out that it was me who Mister Preciado was referring to.

"Jaime." The mini-Preciado with the crazy hair said as he sat down beside me and held out his hand.

"Chelsea." I simply told him as I shook his hand. "And I'm not failing this class, I'm just... not Mexican."

Jaime laughed a little and nodded. "Yeah, I know my dad favors native speakers and all that. He's kind of an idiot." I couldn't help but to laugh a little at Jaime calling his own father an idiot. I suppose he wasn't all bad.

The class went by slower than ever, sadly enough. By the time the bell rang, I had nearly fallen asleep on my book.

Mister Preciado cleared his throat and waited for everyone to divert their attention back to him before leaving the classroom. He then took a deep breath and smiled, eyeing all of the students one by one. "Now a lot of you will probably hate me for this, but the exams have been moved up a few weeks, meaning I'll be handing out more assignments and homework to prepare you all for that."

I groaned and smacked my forehead down on the table. Great, just what I needed. When I heard Jaime chuckle beside me, I looked up again. "I can help you out with that." He kindly suggested.

"No, you don't have to help me just because your father is the teacher and told you to do so." I muttered darkly. "Besides, I share my dorm with those two, I'll be fine." I then added as I pointed to Vic and Tony.

"Oh cool." Jaime then said as he looked at them. "They're good friends of mine. I'm sure I'll see you around then." I just smiled and nodded as I watched him walk off to the two.

Gym class was cancelled that day, and I was very grateful because that would've meant three full hours of doing nothing for me, since I was still recovering from my stupid little accident. The cut that Vic had stitched up was healing pretty fast, but my ankle was being kind of a pain. Literally.

Kellin and I just left the music room, where we practiced our duet as we did every week. According to him, it was perfect and he was still highly convinced that we were going to win this stupid little assignment. I still wasn't quite happy with the idea of performing for all of the teachers and students, but I suppose I'd have to get used to performing for others someday. Otherwise there was no point in me being in these singing classes and what not.