Chapter 3 | The Bad Boy Meets The Doctor

Enjoy!! :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Saying I was gonna leave this town, leave this town, run away. But then you walked in and I think my heart done skipped a beat. One look and everything just froze..."
~Must Be Love, Christina Grimmie

* * * *

Emma's P.O.V.

Oh, fudge cupcakes!

I just smacked Lloyd Anderson. And let me tell you......did it feel great!

The corners of my mouth turned up into a satisfied grin, watching as The Bad Boy's cheek flared up with a glowing pink from the slap.

I must've smacked him hard because I saw his head snap to the side - the palm of my hand stinging a little where I connected it with his face.

A loud groan echoing around the room, complimented my actions.

"What the fuck?!"

I winced, the smile slowly slipping off my face. That didn't sound so good. To say the situation I was in didn't seem as bad as it sounded, would be a mistake. Everything happening right now was as horrible as it could get.

Lloyd's jaw ticked. The minute he turns his head, he'll see me wide awake from the coma I was supposed to be in for the next hundred years.

He'll most likely lash out at me, and make sure I don't make it out of this hospital alive. The thought made me instantly begin to advert my eyes all around the hospital bed for safety.

Please, let there be a red call button. Please, let there be a red call button...

I guess luck was on my side because there was a big, bright red button on a remote - beside my hand - that was labeled "Emergency Button".

Well, this is an emergency. It's like what they say, "desperate times call for desperate measures."

Without blinking an eye, I pressed and held down the red button.

Just as Lloyd's wide eyes landed on mine, the hospital room's door burst open revealing a nurse - neatly dressed in a blue hospital uniform. Her striking, black hair was pulled into a low ponytail that settled right on her back. Alongside her was an elderly man, with salt 'n pepper colored hair, dressed in a clean, white medicine coat. I'm guessing that he's the doctor - telling by the name tag on his coat that read: "Dr. Richardson".

The name sounded familiar, but I just couldn't put a finger to it.

"What are you boys doing in here?!" The nurse's voice resounded in the room, bringing Lloyd's disturbed expression off of me. His mouth was dropped agape, making him look like he just saw an alien spaceship fly over a farmer's cornfield.

Everyone's attention turned towards Kyle's voice when he suddenly spoke up. "Um...we...um..."

Lloyd must've noticed his friend's speechless state because he quickly butted in.

"I came to visit my girlfriend," he said. To add on to the affect, he placed an arm around my shoulder, pulling me close to his side - close enough for me to get a scent of his cologne.