Chapter Nineteen~Pig and a Dream

~Electra~

"Due to some mishaps concerning you, a few of us seem...skeptical of your capabilities," Emeel said with a shrug of his shoulders. I stopped mid-sip of my wine and firmly placed my glass of wine on the long dinner table.
"You doubt my capabilities?" I question. "Dear Emeel, I must say that I am hurt," I place a hand on my heart and pull the tiny dagger free from the bottom of my cross necklace.
"Hear I am having my men die for the cause and you dare say that you doubt me?" My voice grows low with growing rage.
"The partners believe that the Cause is useless. We have the power now, we can take control," he explains and a few of the men murmur in agreement.
"We do not take over. We simply cleanse the system and rid the city of the termites. That is the cause," I say with venom and grip the tiny dagger in my fist tightly.
"Things are not going according to plan. Some of us believe that it is time we take control and you step down," Emeel said cautiously and I felt my eyes darken.
"I built this empire from the dirt up. I made you, all of you! I MADE YOU WHO YOU ARE AND YOU DARE TELL ME TO STEP DOWN!" I roar and fling the small dagger towards Emeel. The dagger lodges in his throat and that's when the servants drop their hand towels and open fire on my 'associates'.
When the gunfire ends and everyone is dead, I wipe a single dot of blood from my cheek and stand. I smooth down my long golden gown and look at Bullseye who is dressed in a waiter uniform.
"This is why I don't take on new partners," I say and look at the dead bodies of the men and women I had made successfull.
"Now that's done, I want you to drive down to the Rojos and see about that shipment of guns," I say and Bullseye nods.
I pick up my glass of wine and down the rest of it. It's sad really how people underestimate me. I wonder if I really do look that naive?
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

~Braden~

The soup the servant girl had given me was spilling everywhere. I felt like a messy baby and dropped my spoon into the bowl with frustration.
"If you needed help then you should have told the maid," Electra's voice came from behind me and I turned to see her standing beside me. My breath caught in my throat from how elegant she looked.
She wore a long golden dress that glinted in the light with every movement she made. It looked like the dress itself had been made from gold and diamonds. She looked...beautiful.
"When did you get here?" I asked to take my mind off of the swell of her breasts coming out of the dress. What I really wanted to ask was where the hell she went dressed like that.
"Just a second ago," she said and sat down beside me on the bed. She crossed her legs and put one hand on the bed while the other lay in her lap.
"Where did you go?" I ask without thinking.
"You ask to many questions for someone who is in no place to ask them," she says with a smirk.
"Do you need help with that?" She asks and looks down at the soap resting on my lower chest. I don't say anything and cast my eyes away from her.
"All you have to do is ask," she says sweetly and leans closer. "I bet your awfully hungry," she coos.
I huff and mumble a 'yes'.
"What was that?" She asks.
"I'm f*cking hungry, okay? Will you please help me?" I ask with frustration. She picks up the spoon and brings the warm soup to my lips. I hungrily eat it as she gently places the spoon near my lips.
"Pig," she mutters under her breath and I stop to look at her.
"You go a day and a half without eating food," I complain.
"That's nothing. Try a week," she says smugly and places another spoonful of soup near my lips.
"I'm really sorry. I didn't plan to kill you," I say and notice Electra stiffen.
"You weren't injected just for the hell of it. You were injected to kill me," she states.
"That man, Reginald Darby, is a dead man," Electra says darkly.
"He's just--"
"You are a fool," she says and stands from the bed. She harshly places the bowl on the beside table and storms off once again.
"What did I say?" I ask aloud and hear the door slam.
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

~Electra~

I stand awake outside of the balcony smoking a cigarette. I can't sleep, can't rest. All I can do is get lost in my thoughts.
I rub my face and turn to look into my room where a sleeping Braden slept. One hand was slung across his chest while the other lay at his side. His face was scrunched up as if he were dreaming hard.
I should kill him now and be done with it. He's nothing but a pain in my ass. He may not have planned to kill me, but that's exactly what his friend planned to do.
Braden's head started to move around and his face twitched. He started mumbling to himself and his face glistened with sweat. He was having a nightmare.
I walked to the balcony doorway and watched him start to thrash around and mutter to himself. He started to groan and appeared to be in pain. I sighed and made my way to the bed.
I sat beside him and gently shook him awake. He jolted awake and calmed down when he realized it was just a dream. However, when his eyes met mine his Adam's Apple bobbed up and down and his eyes widened. He forced his eyes away and wouldn't look at me.
"You're a little to old to be having nightmares aren't you?" I asked and his body grew rigid.
"Y-yeah," he stammered. I stood and walked back to the balcony. "Sweet dreams."
》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》》

~Braden~

I had a sex dream about Electra.