#8 CH: 'Smile'

'Hey babe' I said to Y/N appearing on my phone screen, smiling widely. 'Hey! How are you?!' she asked me excitedly. 'I'm good, you?' and she looked at me, eyebrows furrowed. 'You don't look good, and you barely smile..' she stated and I waved it away, 'Just tired.' and she nodded, obviously noticing I just didn't want to talk about it and it'd be best for her to leave it alone. The truth was that I was indeed not smiling because I missed her too much and seeing her didn't help much. I studied her surroundings and noticed she wasn't home but at what seemed like an airport. I saw people with suitcases walking around and heard someone announcing things over the speakers. 'Where are you?' I asked her and she was taking aback by my question. 'Uhm, train station, why?' she managed to stutter out. 'It is like what,' and I checked my alarm for the time, calculating the time difference, '6 am there?' 'Oh yeah, I'm picking up my brother.' 'At 6 am? Where did he go?' 'He went out with some friends last night, taking the first train home drunk as shit so he asked me to pick him up.' she said calmly this time, shrugging like it wasn't a big deal while I couldn't remember any other time something like this had happened. 'Aha..' and she furrowed her eyebrows at me once again but then quickly shook her head, shaking the expression of her face, taking a deep breath. 'Anyways, I have to go, his train is arriving soon and I want to get him, race home and get back to my bed.' and I nodded. 'Yeah ok.' 'Bye, love you!' she quickly said and the screen was already black before I could even answer and I sighed, throwing my phone on the bed as I walked back into the hotel room. 'What's wrong man?' Michael asked from the bed next to mine, his eyes glued to his phone, typing away quite fast. 'Nothing.' and I plopped down on my bed, laying on my back staring at the ceiling. 'Well obviously something is wrong because your call was at a weird hour and really short and you're cranky again.' and I looked to him on my right, him staring right back at me instead of typing away on his phone even though it was buzzing every few seconds. 'Shouldn't you answer that?!' I bluntly said pointing at his phone which buzzing was annoying me to say the least. 'Nope, I'm talking to you. Now, what's up? Did you have a fight with Y/N or something?' and he got up from his bed and sat down on the edge of mine and I lifted myself on my elbows so I could look at him. 'No..' 'Then what?' 'It is 6 am over there and she is supposedly picking up her brother from the train station cause he went out last night and is drunk.' 'Ok?' he asked in a tone which was obvious he didn't really get the issue. 'Her brother rarely goes out nor drinks.' 'Maybe this is one of those one time a year things?' and I shook my head. 'No, I don't think so. She was nervous, acting weird.' 'So what do you think she is doing?' and I shrugged. 'Honestly, I have no idea, but this is not normal.' 'Maybe you should just go to sleep and talk to her in the morning ok? I'm sure nothing is wrong.' Michael said patting my knee, standing up from my bed and grabbing his phone and plopping back down onto his bed, typing away again. He obviously wasn't in for much of a talk about the matter, while he knew that when I felt something was up or wrong I was usually right and it was strange for him to not want to know more of it, he was always really curious. 'Who are you even texting this much this late?' I asked him now thinking he knew more and he shrugged. 'Nothing important, just go to sleep Cal.' he waved me of and so I did, setting my alarm for 9am, determined to find out what was going on, before he woke up.

When my alarm went of at 9am I groaned as I got up and walked towards the bathroom, but on my way over I noticed something was of so I backed up, finding Michael's bed empty. 'Where the hell is he?' I muttered to myself, now hurrying to get ready and downstairs to security to find out where he went. I quickly threw some clothes on, grabbed my phone and keys and ran down the stairs to find our head of security in the lobby. 'Good morning Calum, an early start for you today?' he asked and I snapped. 'Cut the crap, where did Michael go?!' I almost shouted at him and he looked at me surprised. 'He went out like an hour ago, said he had to run some errands before you had to go to the arena.' 'An hour ago? Michael?!' I said not believing what he had just told me but he just nodded and shrugged before walking of to get a cup of coffee. I went back up to the room trying to call Michael and Y/N but neither of them picked up so I just took a shower and watched some tv, continuously trying to get a hold of either one of them but not a peep, making me almost certain something was going on with the two of them. Around lunch time we all went out together to have lunch, without Michael, and went straight to the arena we were playing tonight afterwards. As we arrived at the back of the arena I saw Michael standing there talking to his security guard next to the bus and I hopped out of the van before it was even properly parked and standing still and ran up to Michael. 'Where the hell have you been?!' I said pulling him so he'd face me. 'Out, doing some errands.' he stated calmly and I snorted. 'Sure. So the fact that Y/N and you were acting weird and neither one of you were picking up your phones has nothing to do with anything?!' and I heard someone coming up behind me, probably to stop me from yelling at him some more. 'Damn, I knew you'd been cranky but not this cranky.' and I turned around looking at Y/N just standing there, grinning. 'How? What?!' and I blinked some more, thinking I was imagining everything. 'Well, Y/N was at the airport last night when she called you since she was flying over here to surprise you.' Michael said putting his hand on my shoulder. 'And I picked her up this morning.' 'Wait, you arranged this?!' and I looked back at him. 'Yup, I'm done with cranky Calum, I need my buddy smiley Calum back.' and he walked of to the other boys, leaving me with Y/N. I tried to keep a straight and stern face as I was still mad she'd lied to me, but a smile was creeping onto my face. 'Stop grinning at me!' I said to her and she just smiled even wider. 'Only if you start smiling again.' and I nodded, 'I will, now come here, I want a hug!' and I engulfed her in a hug, smiling widely.